What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

chrisk

Folding Captain
Chris I'd do something about the stock cooling either replace it with a HR-03GTX or crank the fanspeed to about 75-85%. I had the same issue with my GTX280 while folding with stock cooling, unless I had the stock fan cranked it would get about as high.

Regards,

EE
Yeah I'm going to have to keep an eye on that. I usually get high 70s, low 80s, but with summer coming up in that sauna of a room I will have to keep a close eye. Not working on a :censored: 511 anymore, and temps are back at high 70s. Also reduced the clocks on one card that was the hottest. Fans at 65% currently so there is some room there.

Jon_di2

I'm just looking to see what everyone else thats running 2 GPU's get. I find that my 1st gpu gets fewer pts then my 2nd (running at same speeds). I'm guessing this is because I'm using my primary gpu for other things, anyone else get about 1000 pts less on their primary gpu?

both at gtx 260 216's overclocked to about 1415 shaders

LCB001

I'm just looking to see what everyone else thats running 2 GPU's get. I find that my 1st gpu gets fewer pts then my 2nd (running at same speeds). I'm guessing this is because I'm using my primary gpu for other things, anyone else get about 1000 pts less on their primary gpu?

both at gtx 260 216's overclocked to about 1415 shaders

The ~1000 ppd difference between the two in that screenshot is due to the different WU's, the 353 pointers Fold much faster for everybody. I get the same diff. between a 353pt and a 384pt WU no matter which gpu has them. I would check again when they have the same WU...

Jon_di2

ya I just noticed that they were on different WU's, didn't think that there was that large of difference in pts for those two types of WU's though... They are on the same WU now, the difference isn't as large, but there still is a difference.

LCB001

ya I just noticed that they were on different WU's, didn't think that there was that large of difference in pts for those two types of WU's though... They are on the same WU now, the difference isn't as large, but there still is a difference.
A ~200pt spread is reasonable if you are using one of them, there is usually some variation between WU's even of the same type.

The only other thing it might be is if one of your gpu is clocked slightly different, they don't always run the clocks you set them at. Shaders go up in 54 MHz steps internally, if you set them at an intermediate value they will usually run at the step closest to what you set. For example if I set my shaders at 1985 MHz they will actually run at the next step up which is 1998 MHz, you might want to check what your are actually running at. The steps are 1404, 1458, 1512, 1566, 1620, 1674 etc.

Eagle Eye

Interesting, thanks LCB001 I have always wonder why it did that when overclocking my shaders. I had no luck with my GTX280 @ 1566 it would freeze, but 1512 seems to be just right.

Oh I should mention that with my Q9550 now at 3.825GHz according to Fahmom has increased to 3500ppd, overclocking really makes all the difference.

Total PPD according to fahmon is 11,564.

Regards,

EE

Jon_di2

A ~200pt spread is reasonable if you are using one of them, there is usually some variation between WU's even of the same type.
I was hoping that was right :thumb:

The only other thing it might be is if one of your gpu is clocked slightly different, they don't always run the clocks you set them at. Shaders go up in 54 MHz steps internally, if you set them at an intermediate value they will usually run at the step closest to what you set. For example if I set my shaders at 1985 MHz they will actually run at the next step up which is 1998 MHz, you might want to check what your are actually running at. The steps are 1404, 1458, 1512, 1566, 1620, 1674 etc.
Cool, didn't know that, I'll check it out!

BrainEater

K....

Everybody needs to get at least 1 beer in the fridge for wed-thur.......

That's when we get #100

!!

we'll drink to it.....long time coming , lotta work.

Good work everyone.

top 75 now ?

:thumb:

Latest posts

Twitter