What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

zlojack

Man...I started gaming more regularly now that I got my rig set up and it kills my PPD :doh:

*Sigh*

Oh well...top spot will have to wait until I can get more rigs folding.

Jon_di2

Well I'm going to be out of folding for a litte bit.... Its getting a little too hot in my room. Both my rigs are in my bedroom, and I have an air conditioner in the living room but it can't compete with the heat that the computers are putting out folding. I'm going to try an get a portable air conditioner for the bedroom to offset the heat but my ppd is going to drop a lot till then :sad:

Or I might move a computer into the living room for now...

ah the winter was good for folding...

ps. anyone know where to get a good portable air conditioner :whistle:

Synth

I think I'll lose a few ppds over the next couple of days as well: I'm starting to overclock my Q9550, and stress testing.

Amazingly, my Swiftech MCR220 holds up pretty well, cooling down my quad (3.2ghz and counting - 55*C max) AND my overclocked GTX 260 (675core/1620shaders - 45*C max according to Precision tool)... Thank god for central air.

Unfortunately, my chipset (no longer watercooled) and my mosfets are heating up like crazy... I might have to dissassemble the rig and put in a second watercooling loop.

At least, my HTPC is always chugging away at a constant ~5,000+ppds...

SugarJ

Staff member
I'm going to be down for a day or two as well over the weekend, tearing apart my loop again and putting a triple rad in place of the double. And some other general maintenance, sleeving, cable management, etc.

Latest posts

Twitter