What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

sswilson

Staff member
Did you try swapping around the power cables feeding the vid cards? Is it possible that one of the PCIe power supply lines is struggling?

Prof. Dr. Silver

Yeah, it's at stock and it's only on the fourth GPU. It's the same problem that I had before, when it wouldn't detect the fourth "monitor" except it does detect it now. This setup has been working fine for a month. :angry2:
I don't believe that is your rigs issue....but a Stanford issue. Those workunits are disgusting and should all be deleted. They cause nothing but grieve for a whole bunch of people! Sometimes I spend an hour just deleting those WU's until I get one that works! PPD has gone down drastically because of those!\

Good Luck man!

Soultribunal

Staff member
I have yet to have a problem on the 353's. All 3 of my Video Cards grab at least 3-5 per day and I have yet to see in any of my logs one Failing or making my card become unstable.
Maybe its a Case by Case basis? But i've probably done 100 even without a problem.

ST

Jon_di2

I have yet to have a problem on the 353's. All 3 of my Video Cards grab at least 3-5 per day and I have yet to see in any of my logs one Failing or making my card become unstable.
Maybe its a Case by Case basis? But i've probably done 100 even without a problem.

ST
I agree, I have issues with the SMP client (which I wasn't even able to do before without VMWare)... which I think I have worked out on my Quad ... for now... Its been going for a good 36 hours without too many problems (hasn't crashed the computer! One or two "out of memory issues... but overall going strong).

I'm getting a lot of 353's and I dont see any issues on my gpu's with them. I dont push the OC on my shaders though... So if your having issues I would suggest pulling back on the shaders a little, or trying a different driver. Because I have 4 GTX 260's and they aren't crashing on the 353s.

ps. If you check my folding profile and see the drop in ppd, this is an unrelated issue with me tryign to get smp/VMWare going, the gpu's have not been crashing!:whistle:

zlojack

ST
Yeah, I'm not sure. It only happens with the fourth GPU :doh:

I should have stuck with my 3 GTX 285s :haha:

I only went to the 295s for folding!:censored:

Did you try swapping around the power cables feeding the vid cards? Is it possible that one of the PCIe power supply lines is struggling?
Tried that. Tried swapping the card around (which ended up requiring me to remove the :angry2: back panel on my H2GO to get the cards to slot back into the stupid acrylic mobo tray properly because they would seat!)

I tried running just one card with the bottom PCIE slot with those cables and it folds fine. It only seems to happen when I run 4 GPUs.

I noticed it's the "57XX" work units.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I agree, I have issues with the SMP client (which I wasn't even able to do before without VMWare)... which I think I have worked out on my Quad ... for now... Its been going for a good 36 hours without too many problems (hasn't crashed the computer! One or two "out of memory issues... but overall going strong).

I'm getting a lot of 353's and I dont see any issues on my gpu's with them. I dont push the OC on my shaders though... So if your having issues I would suggest pulling back on the shaders a little, or trying a different driver. Because I have 4 GTX 260's and they aren't crashing on the 353s.

ps. If you check my folding profile and see the drop in ppd, this is an unrelated issue with me tryign to get smp/VMWare going, the gpu's have not been crashing!:whistle:

Yeah, I have all 3 VC's of mine running stock Shaders/Mem/Core . Maybe that is the possible issues, the 353's are 'fragile' like that.

Regards,
ST

Jon_di2

I'm getting a lot of 353's and I dont see any issues on my gpu's with them. I dont push the OC on my shaders though...

Ahahah right after I post this, when I got home last night from work, one of my gpu's wasn't folding. It was due to a 353 WU - too many EUE's, the card was OC'd with an additional 75 shaders.... so that may have effected it... but I think I'm starting to believe the conspiracy of the bad 353's :ph34r:

zlojack

Yeah, I think there are some problems.

My GPUs are fine, all at stock (especially with the warm weather) and I'm still getting NANS and EUEs

Latest posts

Twitter