What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

bwm

Oh cmon you can push that D0 to 4.0GHz! I'm sporting air and i'm at 3.8GHz (was at 4GHz but something is slightly unstable and with exams i dont have the time to play with it but i was at 4Ghz for a few days, shame on you mr D0!)
I'm sorry, probably my fault, but are you referring to my rigs? All three of mine are G0, not D0. I've seen/heard of a few G0 chips running above 3.7 or so but mine love an even 3.5. Any higher and they'll eventually pick up a lowly 2665 that makes 'em barf. I can still dream though even that will have to wait a little while.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Oh cmon you can push that D0 to 4.0GHz! I'm sporting air and i'm at 3.8GHz (was at 4GHz but something is slightly unstable and with exams i dont have the time to play with it but i was at 4Ghz for a few days, shame on you mr D0!)
What do you suggest would be a good temp? Right now its at 70c and 3.4GHZ. I will indeed push the chip a little further though, but at those temps I won't be going too far.

Kruzn was looking at my setup and my rig basically sits in a small compartment in my computer desk which almost acts as a 'hot box.'. The chip was a good 10c lower on a table with all panels on. Problem is the hot box is the only place it can go.

I realize that if I ran my loop through the cpu first, then the temps would go down a bit but this chip was also toasty with the Hyper 212 (also 70c). The biggest difference now is that the WC has made the room quieter...much more so!

_dangtx_

Banned
What do you suggest would be a good temp? Right now its at 70c and 3.4GHZ. I will indeed push the chip a little further though, but at those temps I won't be going too far.

Kruzn was looking at my setup and my rig basically sits in a small compartment in my computer desk which almost acts as a 'hot box.'. The chip was a good 10c lower on a table with all panels on. Problem is the hot box is the only place it can go.

I realize that if I ran my loop through the cpu first, then the temps would go down a bit but this chip was also toasty with the Hyper 212 (also 70c). The biggest difference now is that the WC has made the room quieter...much more so!
70c is a lil on the toasty side at 3.4 man, what cooling u got there..stock? :haha::rofl::bananafunky::canadianwave:Way To FoldWay To FoldWay To Fold

chrisk

Folding Captain
In the process of adding another i7 rig to replace my Q6600 rig for folding. Hopefully it will be up soon before the night is done...

Latest posts

Twitter