What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Arinoth

Staff member
Interesting. I actually have my ram clocked very low and w/ loose timings. I'll play around w/ this more when the other 6GB comes.
I dont quite understand how he got in increase in pdd when he dropped one of the cores. I was able to get a tpf of 32 mins when i was folding bigadv wu -smp 8 when i was only folding on 1 gpu at 3.8Ghz. Once i threw in a second one and went SLI i saw my tpf go up to about 34 mins at 3.8Ghz due to the 2nd gpu needing to 'steal' cycles from the cpu/bigadv wu. This is all just running the ram at 1600MHz and the 0.4 version of the linux 'distro' used for folding in vmware

Arinoth

Staff member
I still dont quite understand how one less 'core' being used increases ppd, is it because none of the cores are bogged down by gpu folding?

Arinoth

Staff member
I found ramdisk didn't really do much for myself though i am wondering what lowfat's setup is. 7 smp for the bigadv wu and the 8th has the gpus locked to it?

lowfat

Staff member
I found ramdisk didn't really do much for myself though i am wondering what lowfat's setup is. 7 smp for the bigadv wu and the 8th has the gpus locked to it?
I don't have the GPU's locked to anything. I can't figure out how. But they aren't being starved for CPU cylcles, so I am not worried. The only reason I am not using the -smp 8 is because I don't think I have enough ram available. I only have 277mb free and that is w/ only Thunderbird, MSN, Firefox, and my [email protected] clients open.

Latest posts

Twitter