What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

_dangtx_

Banned
wait, is that a lounge couch bar club thingie or yer personal desk lol!?

plus running it on the mobo? im sure zero wil ldisagree, but i wouldnt do it. heat buildup..in the back..touching paper..plastic....and little airflow in the back as well..plus stuff can go into pus eek..:p

LCB001

Another 4 slot board...very nice, this should shake up the rankings a little...:haha:

With four more GT's in there should put you up around 50k ppd, very nice indeed...:thumb:

Between lowfat and 3.0 adding i7 rigs and you going with 4 more gpu's the horsepower around here is getting crazy...

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... Yeah, the circa 1960's rec room came with the house when we bought it so I inherited the bar as my main bench. :)

As far as running on the box goes.... I don't see much difference between that and running on an open test-bed, but you are right about the airflow in the rear.... I've actually got the box rotated around 45 deg for better airflow. I just had it turned that way so that folks could see the 4X PCIe slots on the motherboard.....

This is all mostly temporary though. As I mentioned, I've got an old case which just needs a few cuts to turn it into an open bench.

Another 4 slot board...very nice, this should shake up the rankings a little...:haha:

With four more GT's in there should put you up around 50k ppd, very nice indeed...:thumb:

Between lowfat and 3.0 adding i7 rigs and you going with 4 more gpu's the horsepower around here is getting crazy...

Won't be 4 more GTs. I still got 4 GSOs (my original sale fell through and then this board came up) to slap onto it.

I expect my total PPD will be somewhere north of 42K by the time I'm up and running.

_dangtx_

Banned
cool. of course more piccies with peoperly positioned 120's will be mucho appreciated, senor.

lowfat

Staff member
So have 2 9800GX2's in one machine and I am having a rather hard time getting the 4th client to work. The first three clients are working great but the fourth gets an 'UNSTABLE_MACHINE' before it even tries.

In the shortcut I made for the client I have the target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@home\Folding@home GPU 4\Folding@home.exe" -gpu 3 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

And Start in:
"C:\Users\Brendon\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home GPU 4"

Everything looks right to me.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Lowfat: 3.0Charlie had issues getting the 4th client working on two GX2s as well. I believe he had better success using dummy plugs with the dual GX2 setup.

lowfat

Staff member
Lowfat: 3.0Charlie had issues getting the 4th client working on two GX2s as well. I believe he had better success using dummy plugs with the dual GX2 setup.

I just tried adding a dummy plug to the 2nd card, to both DVI connections. W/o the -forcegpu nvidia_g80 tag it wouldn't even startup. W/ the tag it would do the same thing. I guess I'll just throw a 9800GX2 in each machine. Then the 8800GTS in one, and the 8800GS in the other. That way I only have 3 GPU's per system.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Hopefully 3.0charlie, Zlojack, and a few others who have tried two GX2s/295s will be able to offer a suggestion. I do know its often a PITA to get setup.

Latest posts