What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Zero82z

Banned
meh, look at your needs then look up the 12v rating(accurate on a good psu like corsair,seasonic,antec..)

some people overdo it. me too, just so the load is smaller thus fan turns slower thus quieter :p
Overdoing it is not necessarily better. PSUs are most efficient at loads close to 50%. With very low loads, the efficiency of a PSU will drop off substantially. If you have a PC with low power consumption, it's actually better to use a lower-wattage PSU to power it because of efficiency.
Back on the topic what happen Zero and Dan... I don't see to much point those last day
Like I said in a previous post, I went back to folding for my original team. If you look at the first link in my signature, you'll see that I have been putting out a steady amount of points.

Arinoth

Staff member
I know that problem, i solved it by bumping up VTT slightly. My OC passed many hours of linpack but folding puts a different stress on the cpu. Once i bumped vtt up slightly no more lost WUs to errors

lowfat

Staff member
I know that problem, i solved it by bumping up VTT slightly. My OC passed many hours of linpack but folding puts a different stress on the cpu. Once i bumped vtt up slightly no more lost WUs to errors
I gave that a shot. I just lost another bigadv @ 67% on my secondary machine. This is is @ stock clocks :doh:
Error: Could not read unit 01 file. Removing from queue.
[16:32:28] - Preparing to get new work unit...

MonsterSound

I finished only my 4th -bigadv WU last night ~ 9:pm (+ Results successfully sent) and yet that WU hasn't shown up in the stats. :shok:
Subsequently, the next WU stopped at 26% with the msg "CoreStatus = ff (255)", and then it started a new WU.
hmmm

chrisk

Folding Captain
I gave that a shot. I just lost another bigadv @ 67% on my secondary machine. This is is @ stock clocks :doh:
I have been looking for folks complaining of unstable rigs that were once stable.

My folding rig bluescreened last Wednesday (stable for about a month), and my main rig froze Friday (stable and problem-free since early fall).

The only change I made was the new 1.1 version of linuxrouter's vmware image, that had the new core included. That was done I believe Monday.

Have you made any changes or upgrades to your folding clients?

Latest posts

Twitter