What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

4DoorGTZ

3wks on the road, come home to see my newest Octo-gpu box was only running 3 of the 8 cores. Got all 8 going again and have had 2 blue screen restarts in the last 12hrs. Hope it sorts itself out in the next week, before I leave town again. But I'll also have to shut down my first Octo-gpu box for a week while my renter has visitors share the spare room with the box.... something about 4 howling gx2's a bunch of fans and 27c room temp doesnt sit well with them :)

Soultribunal

Staff member
3wks on the road, come home to see my newest Octo-gpu box was only running 3 of the 8 cores. Got all 8 going again and have had 2 blue screen restarts in the last 12hrs. Hope it sorts itself out in the next week, before I leave town again. But I'll also have to shut down my first Octo-gpu box for a week while my renter has visitors share the spare room with the box.... something about 4 howling gx2's a bunch of fans and 27c room temp doesnt sit well with them :)

Sounds like my Workshop. I opened the window to the outside just to keep the room 23 degrees lol.
Good to hear 4door.

ST

Arinoth

Staff member
interesting ,,but can you help me , I don't understand well. On what are you runiing bigadv right now ? and with one give more headroom, a3 or Vmware
I am just running regular A3s on the smp2 client, but i typically run the big adv on the vmware. Only reason i'm not is vmware eats a good 5GB of my ram leaving very little for other applications and for gaming so i have been folding (to not lose all my ppd when gaming) on smp2 since it uses only about 1GB

phil3_66666

I am just running regular A3s on the smp2 client, but i typically run the big adv on the vmware. Only reason i'm not is vmware eats a good 5GB of my ram leaving very little for other applications and for gaming so i have been folding (to not lose all my ppd when gaming) on smp2 since it uses only about 1GB
how many point are you getting with smp2 on 8core? (with and without bonus)

MarkOne

Banned
I'm running a little bit over 55 k now that my smp2 a3 is working... after the 2 work tomorrow I will oC at 4.0ghz.. should at least give me 56 K.. if I relocate the ATI 4890 I lost for give place to the smp.. it's 59.5 K PPD...without spent a single cent more.. what a venture this folding ..

edit : I put back the ATI in line with the smp2 ( already at 100 % before ) this little i5 - 750 have good heart, the SMP just drop of 600 PPD and the ATI run at 2,6 K on a 5732 511 points not bad at all it will return at 3k + with an other work happy to report a 57 K now . will change the ATI card only tomorrow

Last edited:

phil3_66666

I'm running a little bit over 55 k now that my smp2 a3 is working... after the 2 work tomorrow I will oC at 4.0ghz.. should at least give me 56 K.. if I relocate the ATI 4890 I lost for give place to the smp.. it's 59.5 K PPD...without spent a single cent more.. what a venture this folding ..

edit : I put back the ATI in line with the smp2 ( already at 100 % before ) this little i5 - 750 have good heart, the SMP just drop of 600 PPD and the ATI run at 2,6 K on a 5732 511 points not bad at all it will return at 3k + with an other work happy to report a 57 K now . will change the ATI card only tomorrow
you get 55000ppd(with bonus) wit han i5 750 at 4ghz?

Latest posts

Twitter