What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

lowfat

Staff member
I have 4 machines in my garage which is unheated, even so I have to leave the door open a crack to keep temps down... Have no idea what I'll do when summer comes... :sad: Might have to switch to bigadv folding...
Ya I unfortunately don't have this kind of option. I made my rigs all pretty like, so I wouldn't want to throw them in a garage anyways. :haha:

matsta31

I got 2 i7 and 1 GX2 and the room temp get high to. But they are both in the basement (go go man cave !) and case less. By putting them on a ''rack'' out of a case, the temperature got down a lot.

edit : just realised I never did put a picture of it !

Attachments

Last edited:

BrainEater

Yep.....heat can be an issue.

I actually run my 3 main folders in a different room.I bought 'extensions' for all the wires , and ran em through a hole in the wall.

I'm very close to setting up something like boggtrotter......my garage is unheated and always cold too....

:thumb:

stoanee

I will be looking at my garage for at least one folding rig. Last summer it got too warm in my basement which is supposed to be our cool space on the hot summer days. Maybe the dog will have to move out of his house this summer for the other rig.....

lowfat

Staff member
I think it is time I rethink my folding systems again :blarg:

Think I should just ditch the fancy cases, buy some tech stations and throw them in an unused bedroom.

_dangtx_

Banned
good for temps overall but i still like to have protection for my systems. if you want to go at it,my way of course, would be cases with no top fans i ncase something spills on them(be it dust or dirt or screws or liquid)

lowfat

Staff member
good for temps overall but i still like to have protection for my systems. if you want to go at it,my way of course, would be cases with no top fans i ncase something spills on them(be it dust or dirt or screws or liquid)
Well my systems would be placed in a room I don't use. Then just run PS2/USB/DVI cables though the wall. It sure would help on my ear drums. I have 3 45dB fans, and 5 37dB fans going. After a few months it is really starting to annoy me.

Latest posts

Twitter