What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

_dangtx_

Banned
why dont you use mydefrag? set the screen saver for daily optimization and youre set. no need to manually defrag. very nice proggy.

sswilson

Staff member
Mainly because I'm not a big fan of automated services unless absolutely necessary (like scans and auto updates for anti-virus). I suppose it's a bit of a throwback to the bad old days of slower procs, but in my book, less services is always better, and I much prefer to take a hands-on approach when it comes to system maintenance.

In this case though, I've obviously been lax in my system admin duties...... :)

Now currently working on a second defrag of the same partition. Did a disk cleanup after the first defrag (that took forever as well) and the compression of old files and deletion of temp files put me back into 13/33% fragmentation for that volume. The main problem is that I've installed quite a few steam games on that partition, and probably haven't thought to do a defrag in at least 6 months so it's a mess.... :)

edit: I'm also not used to having so many "small" game files to deal with on a single volume. Before I started using steam, any game which hadn't been played in a month was removed from the drive until I decided to play it again. With the majority of my current games being dl'd from steam, I'm reluctant to uninstall them as I haven't backed them up and thus don't want to have to dl them again......

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... I still think I preferred the old defrag reporting style with the "moving boxes"... these lines never make it look like they're doing anything. :) (supposed I should get my hands on one of those freeware defraggers as well....).

_dangtx_

Banned
Heh... I still think I preferred the old defrag reporting style with the "moving boxes"... these lines never make it look like they're doing anything. :) (supposed I should get my hands on one of those freeware defraggers as well....).

trust me , its very nice. set it and forget it.....do the monthly optimization once a week if youre paranoid about it lol, but leave the screen saver for daily,or weekly.

havent had to defrag manually since using this guy right here. plus it keeps the parrot off my back since tehres activity on the screen lol....dam bird.:rofl:

LCB001

Humm....at your age....
Still have a few good years left in me yet...:blarg:

You might want to make yourself comfortable where you are, you're going to be there a while...:biggrin:
Big talk, but it looks like chris has nearly 30k PPD on you. Better step up your game for real :bleh:.
Timing is everything, and the time is coming soon...

Latest posts