What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

4DoorGTZ

what ups'es do you folks use?
My offsite GPU box is on 2 APC BX1500's, one has the extra battery pack. I'm forever searching ebay for extras of this model and its battery pack for a good price. At home I've got a 2250w 3000va monster that would probably flip the breakers if I got above 2/3 of its draw.

sswilson

Staff member
Project for the weekend (mine starts today) is to see what kind of PITA GPU farming is under win7 64bit. I'm guessing it's got the same issues as far as requiring full time dummy plugs as Vista had? XP 32bit has always been a breeze by only requiring the monitor long enough to set the extend desktop for each gpu.

Getting tired of my XP / VMware build crashing on me, so I figure if I'm going to reinstall, I might as well give win7 a shot.

Charloz24

ALERT!!!

We must do something, there is China Power comming......

(We have 4.3 years to do something :haha:)

Zero82z

Banned
Project for the weekend (mine starts today) is to see what kind of PITA GPU farming is under win7 64bit. I'm guessing it's got the same issues as far as requiring full time dummy plugs as Vista had? XP 32bit has always been a breeze by only requiring the monitor long enough to set the extend desktop for each gpu.

Getting tired of my XP / VMware build crashing on me, so I figure if I'm going to reinstall, I might as well give win7 a shot.
I'm using a KVM switch, (so I haven't tried without in ages) but pretty sure that you don't need the dummy plug:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/22481-folding-sli-enabled-no-dummy-plug-second-monitor.html

Pay really close attention to the flags needed though.
From what I have seen, you don't need dummy plugs with GT200 cards but they are still necessary for G80 and G92 cards under Vista and Win7.

Lpfan4ever

Sick Kids took care of me first 5 years of my life. They are good people
Good to hear for you. My friend's been in and out of Sick Kids for a long time and, although he's a bit stubborn with other people, he's told of a lot of bad experiences with the people there. However, he's still around so I'm sure he can't complain too too much.

Sorry to bring the thread off topic though. :whistle: I use an APC BackUps XS 1300, and it works very nicely. Can't complain at it being able to hold my computer at full load for about 5 minutes on battery. (Or so it estimated)

Latest posts

Twitter