What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, my PPD has recently been cut in half (Folding farms are gone), but I'm still putting out 2X SMP2 and one GPU for around 30K.

Charloz24

My folding dropped by an half too..... but all my rigs are running.... reason: A3 bigadv :(

chrisk

Folding Captain
My folding dropped by an half too..... but all my rigs are running.... reason: A3 bigadv :(

Yup as a fellow Bigadv folder much of my production drop has been from A3. I actually turned my main rig away from bigadv altogether in favour of SMP2; its is less than Bigadv A3, but uses much less resources so i have to pause the client less often for the other things the rig does. My folding rig is still on the vm though.

stoanee

Folding Team
Yup as a fellow Bigadv folder much of my production drop has been from A3. I actually turned my main rig away from bigadv altogether in favour of SMP2; its is less than Bigadv A3, but uses much less resources so i have to pause the client less often for the other things the rig does. My folding rig is still on the vm though.

Gah! This is what I have to look forward to? :doh:

sswilson

Staff member
SMP2 WUs have been an issue for the last week or so.... first they had a problem with the server being down (apparently a raid issue on the new WU server), now they seem to be handing out a lot of extra long WUs (8 - 10 min TPF) with low PPD. Currently have both rigs running those...........

GPU WUs have been decent though.

El_Fiendo

Gah! This is what I have to look forward to? :doh:

Yea, I've been holding off on VM's myself since the Chimp Challenge in favor of WCG in honor of a friend. I'm kind of hoping they either adjust the A3s or release Windows Bigadv before I decide its time to return my CPUs to folding.

I agree with you guys on the heat thing though. It was 29 C in my basement yesterday (mostly stale air too) and that's about 10 C too many already. Guess I should look at some ventilation options.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I got tired of mucking around with my VM, switched the CPU to BOINC. Still pumping out GPU work units though.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
I run the VM on all my computers except my wifes. Don't want to overcomplicate that box.

I do hope they adjust the A3 bigadv.. although recently i've been lucking and about 1/2 coming in are the A2 bigadv workunits.. so it's kind of working out.

El_Fiendo

I got tired of mucking around with my VM, switched the CPU to BOINC. Still pumping out GPU work units though.

An added benefit of BOINC is that I've found it to be much more friendly to all of my processor's stability, and they even run a few degrees cooler. Do you WCG, or contribute to a different BOINC program?

I run the VM on all my computers except my wifes. Don't want to overcomplicate that box.

I do hope they adjust the A3 bigadv.. although recently i've been lucking and about 1/2 coming in are the A2 bigadv workunits.. so it's kind of working out.

I agree about the complexity issue, VMs can work sometimes or they can toss a wrench into things. For my gaming rig, I took the hit in points just so I could have a console that I could easily and quickly close when needed.

Latest posts