What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

sswilson

Staff member
On another note.... gonna give it a little while to see if my second SMP2 rig shows the same issue (has less than an hour to go), but looks like the SMP2 work servers might be down, or out of WUs.... got one idling now. (Might be a good night for an OC session if that's the case.... ;) ).

lowfat

Staff member
Holy eff! I went from 12.2k ppd to 16.7 out of a GTX460. Once the other two cards grab the advmethods WU this will gain me like an extra 10-12k PPD. :shok:

sswilson

Staff member
On another note.... gonna give it a little while to see if my second SMP2 rig shows the same issue (has less than an hour to go), but looks like the SMP2 work servers might be down, or out of WUs.... got one idling now. (Might be a good night for an OC session if that's the case.... ;) ).

Looks like it might be more than just the SMP2 client.....

Folding Forum • View topic - No Job for SM-2 A3

chrisk

Folding Captain
Between 950-970 core.

I might add that this really takes advantage of the extra ROPs of the 1GB cards. The two 1GB cards are pulling about 3k more than the 768MB now. Before they were pretty much dead even.

Thanks for this. Seals the deal for me...1GB 460s here I come!

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Add the -advmethods flag to your clients and you'll get a nice surprise...

Well well. I always just assumed this was a SMP flag, never read anything about it working on GPU client too! Thanks :thumb:

Between 950-970 core.

I might add that this really takes advantage of the extra ROPs of the 1GB cards. The two 1GB cards are pulling about 3k more than the 768MB now. Before they were pretty much dead even.

:doh:

Are you telling me I need to sell these and get 1 giggers now? :blarg:

ilya

Holy eff! I went from 12.2k ppd to 16.7 out of a GTX460. Once the other two cards grab the advmethods WU this will gain me like an extra 10-12k PPD. :shok:

Between 950-970 core.

What WUs?

This makes me feel like :doh:.

~100mhz more core than my 470 but 112 less cores and you're netting the same PPD more or less.

_dangtx_

Banned
wait,hold on a little minute here. 970 core on a 460? good god thats good! you sure its not 870? :)

Latest posts