What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

lowfat

Staff member
:doh:

Are you telling me I need to sell these and get 1 giggers now? :blarg:
If you are using the advmethods flag it sure does help.
What volts?
~1.16

What WUs?

This makes me feel like :doh:.

~100mhz more core than my 470 but 112 less cores and you're netting the same PPD more or less.
P11259

wait,hold on a little minute here. 970 core on a 460? good god thats good! you sure its not 870? :)

Sagath

Staff member
Nice!

Imageshack - foldingm.png

Now if Stanford could only fix their -bigadv units, I could get that SMP client up to speed.

Also please note that the gpu flag -advmethods is eating up ALOT of extra CPU time. That SMP went from 7 min TPF's to 9:30 after I implemented them on both GPUS :(

Havnt got to test it with -bigadv, but for the extra 2500 ppd on both clients, I think it might not be worth it to run -advmethods on the GPU's because of the probable loss of PPD off the SMP client.

Charloz24

Nice!

Imageshack - foldingm.png

Now if Stanford could only fix their -bigadv units, I could get that SMP client up to speed.

Also please note that the gpu flag -advmethods is eating up ALOT of extra CPU time. That SMP went from 7 min TPF's to 9:30 after I implemented them on both GPUS :(

Havnt got to test it with -bigadv, but for the extra 2500 ppd on both clients, I think it might not be worth it to run -advmethods on the GPU's because of the probable loss of PPD off the SMP client.
Quoted for truth! My 2X GTX 460 768mb are doing 3500 ppd more each with advmethods, but it slow down my 980x and lost 10 000 ppd :(

But 14 000 ppd for a GTX 460 is really nice! :shok:

CroSsFiRe2009

Holyyyy moly, pulling close to 18k ppd with these new units on my 470. Only at 925core/1850shader and [email protected] 1.2V:ph34r: Not sure if its completely stable but its almost through one wu at these oc settings. Also, I found that increasing mem clocks from 850 to 1k actually did give around 200 more ppd to the card.

lowfat

Staff member
I may have been mistaken saying that the 1GB GTX460's perform better than the 768MB versions. I didn't even think about taking a look to see if the client was staving for CPU cycles at the time. Now that the card is getting enough cycles from the CPU the difference is barely noticeable.

Twitter