What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

sswilson

Staff member
Both of my cards are back up, but I had to shutdown/restart one of the clients... it seemed "stuck" on attempting to connect to the results server... as soon as I restarted the client it sent in the results and grabbed a new WU.

lowfat

Staff member
It has been a few hours now and it still isn't pulling a new WU. Tried restarting the client a whole bunch of times.

EDIT: I figured it out. I am not using advmethods. I threw the flag in and bam got a new WU. I guess they are just out of the 611 pointers.

Last edited:

LCB001

Nice to see everybody ramping up again, it's easy to see the weather is changing.

Hopefully all this means somebody will be trying to reach for the top, they are sure to get frustrated but the PPD boost should be good for the Team...:biggrin:

It looks like we have a new :censored: GPU2 WU, I've been getting nothing but the new 494pt...things, and they really suck. Didn't think they would come up with something worse than the :censored: 511's but I guess they have more talent than I thought...

boggtrotter59

Nice to see everybody ramping up again, it's easy to see the weather is changing.

Hopefully all this means somebody will be trying to reach for the top, they are sure to get frustrated but the PPD boost should be good for the Team...:biggrin:

It looks like we have a new :censored: GPU2 WU, I've been getting nothing but the new 494pt...things, and they really suck. Didn't think they would come up with something worse than the :censored: 511's but I guess they have more talent than I thought...
Good to have you back Leon...been away on holidays? Looks like an interesting race for the top PPD producer is developing... Don't think anyone has the power to catch your top spot point wise, at least not now...:ph34r: I've also been getting a steady stream of 494's lately and they truly do suck PPD wise :sad:

LCB001

Good to have you back Leon...been away on holidays? Looks like an interesting race for the top PPD producer is developing... Don't think anyone has the power to catch your top spot point wise, at least not now...:ph34r: I've also been getting a steady stream of 494's lately and they truly do suck PPD wise :sad:
Holidays, ah no, just finishing up the work season (hopefully) and should finally have some spare time available.

If the :censored: 494's are going to be the new reality for GPU2 Folding I'm seriously thinking of upgrading all my gpu's to 450's or something. That would also give a decent PPD boost, oh darn. :biggrin:

All that overtime has to be good for something...

chrisk

Folding Captain
The 450s are a great option LCB...there was a thread about it a few weeks ago.

I decided to stick with 460s, just in case those extra cores were needed for some fancy new WUs. I recall some time back that there were some hard-core WUs that affected lower-shader-count cards harder than higher-numbered ones, and I wanted these 460s to last me a long time (ie. longer than 6 months ;p)

LCB001

So far I'm leaning towards the GTX450 MSI Cyclones as I really like the pair of 460 Cyclones I have now.

On the other hand I might wait a bit as there are rumours of a 560 coming mmmm...

Soultribunal

Staff member
So far I'm leaning towards the GTX450 MSI Cyclones as I really like the pair of 460 Cyclones I have now.

On the other hand I might wait a bit as there are rumours of a 560 coming mmmm...
I'd grab the GB OC cards. Nice little coolers on them too.

ST