What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Sagath

Staff member
Dan: Its an EVGA SR-2 Dual Xeon (up to 6 cores each) board. Between the CPU's it should throw an easy 100k on -bigadv's, not to mention the GPU folding possibilities....

Charlie: Keep us updated, and more teaser pics. Ive been trying to justify myself to buy one, but I cant do it. For half the cost I could just build another i7 rig =\

Maybe next gen with the X68 or whatever the hell they'll be called...Maybe.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
164k ppd has been achieved with the proper hexcores, on bigadv. I have no idea what my E5520s will output - for the time being.

chrisk

Folding Captain
They they still send out crap WU's like P6701's when you have a 16-24 thread machine?
I'm hitting up a 6701 now...:blarg:

How much power do those SR-2s use compared to a regular board? Any special ram or psu requirements?

Sagath

Staff member
I'm hitting up a 6701 now...:blarg:

How much power do those SR-2s use compared to a regular board? Any special ram or psu requirements?
Its power effective vs PPD, yes (ECC if you dont want to have issues) and yes, special PSU

Its about $1200 (if memory serves accurate from when I last looked) to set one up.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Sorry for the lack of updates, got carried away. Installing the HSFs took me 1 hour, because the CM hardware does not fit well with the SR2. Some Dremel action was needed on 3 of 4 supports, and the CPU 0 PWM sink needed to be removed. I added some temporary sinks, I'll do some research for better ones.

The temp. sinks can be seen here, 4x. Ram is temp. too, waiting for some new sticks to arrive. And I need to flip over the CPU 1 fans. :angry2:

Successful 1st boot.

Latest posts

Twitter