What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Fudd Rucker

Got my GTX 480 going full tilt at 800mhz core. can anyone enlighten me to how to increase the voltage on the card to go up higher? After what i thought was a very scary install, my ek block is on and working absolutly wonderful. 800mhz core - 42 degrees and not budging when folding, not to mention not a sound coming from that noisy beast anymnore.

sswilson

Staff member
I've been using MSI Afterburner for all of my 4XX series OCing because it supports voltage tweaks, and seems to work fine on any manufacturer's card.

Congrats to Xeven for taking over the top spot (we'll see how long it's for ;) ), and I'll second Dangtx's sentiments about how great it is to see some fresh names up on the list.

Xeven

You have to enable it in settings first.

@sswilson

Thanks. I'll probably stay there for a couple of hours. It seems there's a substantial number of people getting ready to rev up their farms :haha:

Last edited:

4DoorGTZ

Well after nearly a week with my upgraded laptop I am very happy. It now pulls in 30-40kppd with the new cpu/gpu and the best thing is the temps are cooler. Use to run 90c then I rigged a 4th internal fan temps droped to 83c now with the gulftown it folds at 70c. I do have to be mindfull of airflow, I keep the fans on high, have it on a laptop cooler that I prop up so it itself gets lots of air and I have a $10 table fan from walmart blowing away the exhaust but I've been doing all that before and got the high temps.

Secondly I really like the gpu tracker v2 program, mostly the pause feature while I game. Because I take my laptop on the road with me and while I'm working or sleeping its crunching but for the 2-5hrs I'm able to spend on it at night I dont have to completly stop folding, I just slow it down :)

Had my first 100kppd day (or first in a long time) But I bet a couple days after I go to work my 9350e will lockup or someone will close a window and it'll melt :) You're positions are safe for now... few more days home in the next couple months and my (re)ramp-up might become more stable, got my Xeon's into a new mobo but realized I have to water cool em, heatsinks I have dont fit, and while I have everything to WC them leftover from the failed Z7S-WS I didnt budget my time to redo a loop, or two.

sswilson

Staff member
Incremental (small) boost to PPD with the inclusion of an 8800GT, but the real test was how well a GTS 450 would run in a X4 slot.

Asus TOP, and MSI Cyclone running side by side on a Giga GAH55M-S2H / i3 530 / Lian-Li testbed. Mostly proof of concept to see if the X4 slot affected PPD, which it doesn't appear to (we'll have to see when the next round of 611 WUs come out if that still stands). The Cyclone came off of my P35-DQ6 board which also has 1 X16 and 1 X4 slot. If this works out on the i3 board I'll grab a couple more 450's for under $300 which will give me a 15 - 25K PPD boost over the 8800GT that's currently on that. Not quite at 70K PPD, but awful damn close.... ;)