What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

zlojack

I like that this thread is still going.

I need to get my butt back to folding as my rig is finally working properly and has passed the one week problem-free mark.

4DoorGTZ

So how many people are folding with Linux? I'd imagine most of the SR-2's are..... whats the best flavor/kernel? I've dabled with Kubuntu for folding before..... will soon have a reason for Linux again. I've also got a copy of MS Small Business Server Essentials that will suffice, but I'd imagine linux would do better ppd wise.

I really wish my parts would show up, or at least THE part thats missing to get things started.

lowfat

Staff member
I run Ubuntu 10.10 on my one SR-2. For the past month or so it has been doing great. I did disable updates though as I had a suspicion it was causing my reboots. Although I have no idea if it was or not. But the reboots quit happening after that.

LCB001

So how many people are folding with Linux? I'd imagine most of the SR-2's are..... whats the best flavor/kernel? I've dabled with Kubuntu for folding before..... will soon have a reason for Linux again. I've also got a copy of MS Small Business Server Essentials that will suffice, but I'd imagine linux would do better ppd wise.

I really wish my parts would show up, or at least THE part thats missing to get things started.
I use the "Musky Mix" version of Ubuntu 10.10 from [H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Linux versus Windows - bigadv folding results on my SR-2 and gained 13K ppd with dual 5520 @3.74GHz over running Win 7.

Never having used Linux before if I can do it Anyone can :biggrin:...

lowfat

Staff member

Latest posts