What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

chrisk

Folding Captain
Too many http's....:haha:

Wish I would of looked at that before I bought the wireless adapter.....

I use a linksys one for my PS3 and its great. Actually, with the kit I have the adapter has 4 ports on one end that acts as a kind of switch too.

Dead Things

The wireless I have it on is what is giving me the problem. I came home to a screen requesting password to my network, not sure why it disconnected. I should have wired the upstairs for Cat6 when I built this house....:doh: The rig itself has been rock solid....so far.
I have been trying to run a bigadv machine wirelessly for the last little while, and I found that after a few uploads it would eventually knock the AP offline. The AP went about two years straight without being knocked off, but it goes dark about once every two weeks since it has had to deal with 200MB bigbeta uploads. Maybe you're running into something similar?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I saw the Linksys model that Chris uses, and I have also installed a Trendnet version. Don't know about the Linksys, but the Trendnet was a pain to set up, quite the opposite of the Belkin which was a breeze.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
I saw the Linksys model that Chris uses, and I have also installed a Trendnet version. Don't know about the Linksys, but the Trendnet was a pain to set up, quite the opposite of the Belkin which was a breeze.

How was the trendnet a pain to setup? You plug in one end.. you plug in the other...
The only configuration is if you want to setup a different network name.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
How was the trendnet a pain to setup? You plug in one end.. you plug in the other...
The only configuration is if you want to setup a different network name.
Oh, I know. But one adaptor would not recognize the second unless the encryption service (and using the MAC addresses of both adaptors) was enabled. Really weird, since most sites I've read in regards to the Trrendnet model mentioned the same easy install as you explained - hence why I bought that model in the first place...

stoanee

Folding Team

Latest posts