What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Inik

Folding Team
I got 2 6988's.

@SugarJ Did you do a corehack to get bigadv?

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I have not done a corehack. My current CPU PPD is about 43k, IIRC. I'll have to check when I get home.

I used to get bigadv units, but they finally disabled it for anyone with less than 16 cores a month or so back.

MARSTG

if I remember correctly you would need an OC ~3.4GHz+ to do the 8101s which those chips should do easy. Having The Kraken installed help alot...
I don't think the Kraken wrapper would help in 2P cases, from what I have seen is more for the the 4P system. For me to get those chips at 3.6 I would need water cooling, in my case probably 2 x H60. It starts to become complicated. I'll look how feasible this is. But what about getting just simple smp units in my case? I would have to run 2 separate VMs with each one with -SMP 12 flag?

lowfat

Staff member
Never run more than one CPU client ever. Your PPD will drop like a rock. Just a single VM w/ 24 threads. I would also still suggest installing The Kraken wrapper.

Dead Things

I don't think the Kraken wrapper would help in 2P cases, from what I have seen is more for the the 4P system.
True that thekraken was optimized for MP, but it should still help DP systems quite a bit. It even helps UP systems in many cases.

In other news, all four of my GPU clients are working on P8018 right now. :biggrin: That's takes my GPU PPD from about 30k to about 45k. I <3 those projects!

Tim_H

I'll second that about using thekraken on most if not all systems. even if it doesn't make a noticeable difference it shouldn't slow it down. (just installed it on a 2p LGA 771 system, it should drop the frame times.)

lowfat

Staff member
I wanted a Skulltrail so bad when it was released. There are a couple of QX9775 on eBay for ~ $250 each. Still outrageous for a C2Q.

Tim_H

What specs?

I recently got my hands on a D5400XS and a bunch of S771 Xeons to play with this winter, everything from Dempsey to Harpertown. Been wanting one of those for a long time! Too bad used QX9775's are still a mint.
I actually picked up two identical systems, They are Supermicro X7DWE boards with 2xL5420's and 2x2GB dimm's. I have done the BSEL mod to them bumping them from 2.5GHz to 3.0GHz. Currently one of them is having some problems with heat, but I think I just need to clean and re-seat the heatsink's. Each system can produce between 15K and 30K, depending on the WU's, typically I see about 20K.

BrainEater

Even q9450's are a mint.I wish I did'nt kill mine.

:haha:

Let's go team !!

It was 4c here in Calgary today , brr.

:thumb: