What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Tim_H

I've been seeing a lot of 8049 and 7610, getting roughly 19k-22k PPD, while there are some of the 7xxx series (don't remember which ones right off) where i'm getting 33k.

LoTech

ETA varies within same WU

Hey guys, just sitting back watching my V7 client control and I am noticing my ETA's fluctuating. Is this normal or do I have an instability issue. My smp occasionally bounces between 1 min 22 secs. and 54 secs, thus ETA changes from 42 mins to 1 hr 20 mins. Also seeing same on the gpu side but not as often. The smp WU is 8049 and the gpu 8018.

sswilson

Staff member
Is it possible you've got something running in the background which is taking up cpu cycles? Some variations are normal, even between checkpoints of the same WU, but what you're reporting is a pretty big varience.

LoTech

I have the usual windows (win7 pro) processes running. Norton 2012 AV running. There are also some apps for the motherboard running. Its an asus x79 sabertooth with the Ai suite of programs running. I checked the cpu usuage and 99% is for [email protected] and only 11% of my physical memory is in use. Not sure what else could be doing the drain on cpu...?

SwingOP3

Hey guys, just sitting back watching my V7 client control and I am noticing my ETA's fluctuating. Is this normal or do I have an instability issue. My smp occasionally bounces between 1 min 22 secs. and 54 secs, thus ETA changes from 42 mins to 1 hr 20 mins. Also seeing same on the gpu side but not as often. The smp WU is 8049 and the gpu 8018.
I've also experienced that with V7. The tpf calculator in V7 is a little borked in that it uses the last three frames to calculate ppd and end time but doesn't quite get the job done. The last update (V7.1.52) was supposed to fix it but it seems that it just got better not fixed.

Use HFM.net alongside it to give you a better and more accurate ppd and end time. Plus you can upload it to your Dropbox account to give you up to date client info on your smart phone.:thumb:

blueem2

Yet another folding question. I'm currently working on a fairly large WU with my CPU. Base credit is 1220 Estimated credit is 7028. I'm just wondering which credit I will recieve after the fold is finished. It's going to take ~ 20 hours to complete so I'm hoping it won't be 1220. I've done a bit of research into this however I couldn't come up with a clear answer.

Thanks.

sswilson

Staff member
Yet another folding question. I'm currently working on a fairly large WU with my CPU. Base credit is 1220 Estimated credit is 7028. I'm just wondering which credit I will recieve after the fold is finished. It's going to take ~ 20 hours to complete so I'm hoping it won't be 1220. I've done a bit of research into this however I couldn't come up with a clear answer.

Thanks.
If you've turned enough WUs to qualify for the bonus then you'll get somewhere around the higher number (it's only an estimate).

blueem2

Okay, if not I guess I'm only making the base (sorry, if it doesnt make sense ive had about 13 drinks). Not overly happy with 1200 for 20 hours of folding, luckilly my GPUs have made ~ 30k

Twitter