What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

frontier204

Ack Windows 8 isn't playing well with my GTX 660 Ti folding - my computer occasionally freezes if I turn on the monitor and move the mouse after letting the machine fold for a while. I suppose I'll do CPU only for now since I can't be losing work over [email protected]

SwingOP3

I'll be shutting down my folding for the next week or so. I suspect company won't want to hear a screaming computer in the guest room/office all night. But in the next month or so I'll be replacing my daughter's Bestbuy junkbox with my current system and building a new system with folding in mind - 3930K?? a couple of 670's?? But now Guru3d has come up with this updated Intel roadmap. Aarrgghh!!

chrisk

Folding Captain
I'll be shutting down my folding for the next week or so. I suspect company won't want to hear a screaming computer in the guest room/office all night. But in the next month or so I'll be replacing my daughter's Bestbuy junkbox with my current system and building a new system with folding in mind - 3930K?? a couple of 670's?? But now Guru3d has come up with this updated Intel roadmap. Aarrgghh!!
Woah woah woah...is that a 6 to 12 core IB-E plus HT for some 24 threaded goodness?

SwingOP3

Woah woah woah...is that a 6 to 12 core IB-E plus HT for some 24 threaded goodness?
I think so.............Sounds too good to be true.............Smells tasty though!!

Maybe they know something about some new AMD goodness coming down the line.

Edit: Just gave my head a thorough shake and realized that the AMD portion of this post is just crazy talk. Sorry.

Last edited:

chrisk

Folding Captain
I think so.............Sounds too good to be true.............Smells tasty though!!

Maybe they know something about some new AMD goodness coming down the line.

Edit: Just gave my head a thorough shake and realized that the AMD portion of this post is just crazy talk. Sorry.
Think I saw something in the news recently that desktop parts are not selling well for Intel...maybe some new parts will shake up some money burning holes in peoples wallets.

SwingOP3

I'll be shutting down my folding for the next week or so. I suspect company won't want to hear a screaming computer in the guest room/office all night. But in the next month or so I'll be replacing my daughter's Bestbuy junkbox with my current system and building a new system with folding in mind - 3930K?? a couple of 670's??
Good News!!! There will be no sleeping in the folding, er, guest room/office after all! Computer will fold-on my friends.

:clap::clap::clap:

SwingOP3

Well, the first week of the new year has:

- our team averaging about 46,000 ppd
- someone Folding_for_pscout again
- team daily totals hovering around 3,000,000 ppd
- lots of new and returning folders
- and my 45,000 ppd barely keeping me in the Top 20!? :sad: but :clap:

WELL DONE!!

Latest posts

Twitter