What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Well, the first week of the new year has:

- our team averaging about 46,000 ppd
- someone Folding_for_pscout again
- team daily totals hovering around 3,000,000 ppd
- lots of new and returning folders
- and my 45,000 ppd barely keeping me in the Top 20!? :sad: but :clap:

WELL DONE!!
:whistle:...

PcWizTech

I'm completely new to this but i believe I'm folding for this team. Can someone help me out and tell me what PPD is? I left [email protected] running all night long and it says something like 90% complete. I'm completely lost though.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm completely new to this but i believe I'm folding for this team. Can someone help me out and tell me what PPD is? I left [email protected] running all night long and it says something like 90% complete. I'm completely lost though.
It's Points Per Day and is essentially a calculation which takes what a WU is worth and how long it's going to take to complete into consideration. If you're using V7 it will display both projected points (SMP has a bonus system which awards extra points the quicker you can complete the WUs) and projected PPD.

Inik

Waiting for the SSD to reinstall and re-oc my 3930K.

Is it a problem to fold on a SSD or I should put it on the HDD ?

great_big_abyss

Not a problem at all, it only writes to the disc when it's completed crunching, otherwise it's all memory/CPU.
I disagree with this statement - kinda. It will write a WU to your drive when beginning, and delete the WU when it's finished, before writing another one to start again. SSD performance is eventually degraded through excessive write operations. Now, while FAH may not produce any noticeable degradation, I still think it's better to be 'safe than sorry' and install FAH to your HDD. Or, at least, you can install the client itself to the SSD, as long as you install the data directory somewhere on your HDD.

Latest posts

Twitter