What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Hooded

The next update should show the Team is now Ranked 19th in the stats.
Oh Yeah we're movin on up!
Way To Fold team.

:shok: those are some nice PPD there lowfat :thumb:

Last edited:

LoTech

I see it was a galaxy 680. Was it a heat issue due to a fan failure? I have had 2 500 series cards go belly up due to fan failure and burning out. I had an IPR so that was ok no RMA. Cards were the ones with 2-3 fans and were supposed to run OC'd but cooler. Not in my case. I did not OC them they came from factory with overclocks. One was ASUS and the other GIGABYTE. I seem to have better luck with the eVga cards...so far. Not sure if others may want to chime in on experience with video cards and folding. Any other casualties to report????

great_big_abyss

That's what it seems to be. The fans didn't fail, per se, but I had to turn them up. That being said, I didn't actually check to see if both fans were spinning or not. Hmm, I still have the card....maybe I'll throw it in real quick and check.

LoTech

multi fan video cards and folding

I just usually spray some dust off on the fans. They should spin freely. I find that after about 6 months of 24/7 at 100% one fan begins to freeze up. by the 7-8 month its stiff won't spin at all and another is already not spinning that freely. If your gonna fold with them, buy used or get a warranty. I do not OC them myself, in case of warranty issues. Not sure what it is with the multi fan platforms. They seem to have the largest failure rate. I have yet to lose a single fan card. Maybe the fans are better quality, not sure .

great_big_abyss

Yeah, the fans were fine. I don't get a lot of dust in my system. I run positive pressure, and have dust filters on all my intake.

4DoorGTZ

Seems my laptops 680m does 13kppd, but the nice part is that it only gets up to 42c. I might just leave this running then. Tried the cpu and 82c was seen and it added 8c to the gpu's temp so I think I'll leave it at just gpu folding..... every point counts right?

Latest posts

Twitter