What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

sswilson

Staff member
Yes, I'd be verrrryyyyy hesitant to purchase an Nvidia card these days if the main goal is folding. FAH appears to be going the opencl route for future WUs and Nvidia doesn't appear to be interested in optimising their cards for opencl because they're more interested in promoting Cuda.

lowfat

Staff member
Well it seems the GTX650TiBo I have isn't supported by the V7 client yet. Isn't there a way too add this yourself somehow?

Tim_H

you should check the gpu.txt file. I know there were some issues with GPU's not being supported when it was first released but since the 7.2.x(I think) release there is a built in feature to automatically update the gpu.txt file. You might want to look into it anyway.

lowfat

Staff member
Thanks, I'll check that out today.

And as for Titan, it sucks hard @ folding. Just like I thought it doesn't scale at all. Actually stock is is slower than a GTX680. Overclocked I am getting about the same. :blarg:

great_big_abyss

I'm going to have to think long and hard about continuing to fold on all my rigs. I'm currently renting a place that has all utilities included. That will change in a few months, and not only will my rent go up, but I'll be paying utilities, too. I just may not be able to afford to continue folding... :(

Latest posts

Twitter