What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

BrainEater

So it seems Core 17 does alright on Titan. Nearly doubled my PPD up to 60k.
Yep , that's kinda what I thought.....It probably needs customized settings for the TITAN's.

..at 60k, that's at least 2 sold to me.

That's basically doubling a 580's production.That's good enough for me.

Someone needs to buy a Xeon PHI....

:ph34r:

lowfat

Staff member
Yep , that's kinda what I thought.....It probably needs customized settings for the TITAN's.

..at 60k, that's at least 2 sold to me.

That's basically doubling a 580's production.That's good enough for me.

Someone needs to buy a Xeon PHI....

:ph34r:
The Core 17 has a higher CPU load though, 28% on my quad core.

Not sure if you are aware of the so called throttling issue w/ Titans. But it seems to occasionally happen in fah. Every few minutes the card will drop down to 0% usage for a couple of seconds then ramp back up again. The WU doesn't error out though so I can't really complain.

I'm going to test out the double precision later on. Maybe it has an affect w/ core 17 as well. Doubtful though.

BrainEater

Interesting.

I do know that the world records with TITAN's had custom power sub-boards.I've heard the power circuitry is sub-par.

I'm willing to try one forsure.

:thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
Here is a screenshot of what i mean by it stopping for a second or two every few minutes. It doesn't seem to have much of an affect on PPD. The fah core hasn't errored out yet. Card is running @ 1202MHz getting about 63k PPD. Using about 260W from the wall.

stoanee

Which folding client? I think the newer ones are a little glitchy. I am gpu folding with the good ole 6.30, it is rock steady. When I was using V7 the same thing was happening to me.

lowfat

Staff member
Which folding client? I think the newer ones are a little glitchy. I am gpu folding with the good ole 6.30, it is rock steady. When I was using V7 the same thing was happening to me.
V7. Pretty sure it is a requirement for all Kepler cards.

fishingfanatic

Let's Go Team!!

Trying 2 get my hands on a 690 and still waiting 4 my Titan. Just wonder if I have enough power that she

don't start breaking up.

Like Scotty says: I'm givin her all I've got Cap'n!!!
:biggrin:

Don't think I'll have either that long though.
:sad::whistle:

lowfat

Staff member
I have a suspicion that it isn't possible for a Titan to error out a WU. Been running it @ 1200MHz now for a while and it hasn't errored out once. Even though 1200MHz is way behind game stable. When the core errors it just stops then restarts again.

Latest posts

Twitter