What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

lowfat

Staff member
Well I am using a 3930k + X79 which isn't exactly energy efficient.

Idle power usage is 165W. With a single GPU it is around 360W - 400W depending on the WU. Both GPUs together are around 500-550W. Everything around 600-650W.

With the 8900 WU I am getting about 140K out of a GTX780. Can't wait to watercool them as in my setup they are directly next to each other and running hot and loud. Should be able to get significantly higher clocks on water.

Last edited:

BrainEater

" Dr. Peter Venkman: Ray, pretend for a moment that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the hell is going on. ! "

I get between 25-35 kppd per Nvidia 580 , depending on unit.

Does this seem accurate ?

---

Or is it that I just really need new video cards ?

:haha:

LoTech

" Dr. Peter Venkman: Ray, pretend for a moment that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the hell is going on. ! "

I get between 25-35 kppd per Nvidia 580 , depending on unit.

Does this seem accurate ?

---

Or is it that I just really need new video cards ?

:haha:
Seems low to me. I am seeing 45-60 depending on wu on a 580. I have seen 45 on a 560 ti 448 core as well. Mind you I am using core 17 and have some cores on the cpu turned off. I also have client-type and beta flagged for the gpu's.

Tim_H

client-type - beta is required to get core 17 I believe.

Those are some crazy numbers from the 780!!!

BrainEater

Ok, so it's PEBCAK.

Guess I have some work to do.

I guess step 1 is to back the v7 client down to 10/12 threads.

Thanks !!

:thumb:

Latest posts

Twitter