What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

great_big_abyss

I'll be pausing all my rigs for a month or two. My hydro bill this month was $220 :shok:
Granted, a lot of that was the A/C and the pool pump, but I'm sure folding on 2.5 rigs played no small part.

great_big_abyss

Well, the pool is closed, the weather is cooler, and the folding is stopped. The next two months bills should make up for this month. When I start heating the house I'll turn on all my rigs again.

MARSTG

Cooler weather and folding stopped usually is a contradiction : when is cool is nice to fold.

Shadowmeph

Cooler weather and folding stopped usually is a contradiction : when is cool is nice to fold.
That is the only time I do fold when the weather cools off I can fire up the folding and leave my windows open for the fresh cool air and still have my place nice and warm lol

Dead Things

We had to replace our 23-year-old furnace this summer. When the sales guy was over, he asked how much we usually spend on natural gas presumably so he could tell us how much we would be saving with a more efficient unit. I told him and he chuckled, saying surely I was mistaken*. So he asked to see one of my Enbridge bills from last winter. I showed him our Jan, Feb and Mar bills and he said our natural gas consumption was the lowest he's ever seen in his 21 years on the job. Folding, ftw!

Thank goodness he didn't ask to see the hydro bills.

* (To which I responded, "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.")

great_big_abyss

I'll have to put a folding rig in each room, then I can just turn off the furnace altogether, right?

9590's in each room!

But, seriously, we have these big windows in our front room that heat up the place something fierce, even with the shades drawn. Even when it is cool out, the A/C is going. So, having folders heat up the place even more was getting expensive.

I'll turn them back on in a month or two. I just want a couple of smaller hydro bills.

Soultribunal

Staff member
We had to replace our 23-year-old furnace this summer. When the sales guy was over, he asked how much we usually spend on natural gas presumably so he could tell us how much we would be saving with a more efficient unit. I told him and he chuckled, saying surely I was mistaken*. So he asked to see one of my Enbridge bills from last winter. I showed him our Jan, Feb and Mar bills and he said our natural gas consumption was the lowest he's ever seen in his 21 years on the job. Folding, ftw!

Thank goodness he didn't ask to see the hydro bills.

* (To which I responded, "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.")

+1 for the Airplane quote. Best. Movie. Ever.

-ST

Latest posts

Twitter