What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Inik

Nice, I should start folding again soon! The cold air is slowly coming back. However, it seems I have a problem with my rig, when the display are shutting off, the rig freeze....so when I want to use it again, the screen are stuck on a black screen.

lowfat

Staff member
Nice, I should start folding again soon! The cold air is slowly coming back. However, it seems I have a problem with my rig, when the display are shutting off, the rig freeze....so when I want to use it again, the screen are stuck on a black screen.
Had the same problem w/ my HD7970. That was 1.5 years ago but I had to disable that ultra low power thing in the registry.

BrainEater

Bleh !

My main rig (listed below) is doing 73kppd right now . That's atrocious !

It did 140k for a couple days , with core 17 units , but it's gone to shit.I think I'll be reinstalling folding from scratch

My work borg got rootkit'd too ,so, I'm blowing it away and upgrading it , it'll be back Monday.

---Question :

My borg is essentially a public computer.It runs MSE , and MBAM is part of the weekly schedule.IT STILL gets crap allatime.....

What's the most comprehensive active antivirus/antimalware system that's "folding friendly" ??

We seem to get burned by hacked websites.I almost wanna make it a Linux box or something.......but it's a borg , so folding compatibility is key.

The borg is an Intel 2600k /asus mobo/it runs my old 285 and 260.

Idea's ?

:thumb:

Tim_H

I'd say go linux, but the 285 and 260 aren't supported in linux. If you have some fermi or higher cards then they are supported in linux.

I recently started using avast as AV on my old gaming rig, I've been happy with it but that machine doesn't do much other than gaming so I can't really speak to performance. (it will do some folding when it gets a bit colder and I need another space heater.)

Can you set up some rules to block all traffic other than to/from stanford and microsoft(for updates) servers?

Latest posts

Twitter