What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
New ppd/w King of the Hill right here, Ladies and Gentlemen. Unless you want to venture in the bigadv arena, no more need for a serious folding rig. Twin 780s simply equal more ppd for less watts than a 4P - all the while cheaper too.

Damn.

chrisk

Folding Captain
New ppd/w King of the Hill right here, Ladies and Gentlemen. Unless you want to venture in the bigadv arena, no more need for a serious folding rig. Twin 780s simply equal more ppd for less watts than a 4P - all the while cheaper too.

Damn.

Yep damn impressive. This might be my answer to my folding problem.

lowfat

Staff member

Damn.

I wouldn't expect cards to get these kind of clocks w/o watercooling & and either a non-reference or heavily overvolted GTX780.

An aircooled card would likely do 120 - 140k and use about 250W.

The only thing constant with FAH is change. Just when we all switch to gpu,'s FAH will favor something else..........

This is definitely true. The 2P LGA2011 system I bought last year for folding likely won't do as much as the GTX780 I have. :angry2:

10e

360W w/ a 4670K @ 4.5GHz, 1.4V. All energy saving stuff disabled and not folding w/ the CPU.

That's pretty good.

So far my most power efficient box is the dual E5-2650 Xeons on an Asus Z9PE-D8 running with a slight 3% overclock to 2.4 Ghz at 260 watts and 180-220K PPD.

I get more from my dual E5-2680 box but that is in the 360-375 watt range for about 220-250K PPD.

Going to have to try this on the Titans under water and see what I can get. I think it was around 170K PPD per card at 1,110 mhz IIRC and only hitting 42-45 celsius under load.

Unfortunately my office heated up quickly even though it's a decent size at 14x10 feet.

lowfat

Staff member
I'd love to see what a Titan would do w/ watercooling and similar voltage. Assuming it could clock to the same as these GTX780s, the extra shaders should give a consider increase. A 15% decrease in TPF is a 50K + increase in PPD.

geokilla

Lol I just checked my stats.. Because I shut the computer off when I don't use it, my CPU PPD is about 2000? That's pretty bad... Might as well stop folding and conserve some electricity.

10e

I'd love to see what a Titan would do w/ watercooling and similar voltage. Assuming it could clock to the same as these GTX780s, the extra shaders should give a consider increase. A 15% decrease in TPF is a 50K + increase in PPD.

They are under water, I just need to do some adjustments to the loop and re-test tonight.

Lol I just checked my stats.. Because I shut the computer off when I don't use it, my CPU PPD is about 2000? That's pretty bad... Might as well stop folding and conserve some electricity.

Folding is not for tree huggers. Go hug one now :rofl:

Latest posts