What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Nademon

Hey K3nnny...I only applied it to the cores and on one side, there was some other chip that had OEM TIM on it too, so I did that chip too. I left the stock thermal pads that were on the card for the memory. My temps just won't budge a single degree over 82C now and the room the rig is in is actually kinda warm today.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Hmmmm so I might have sold something on Kijiji today, which should free up enough to get my 4670. Hmmmmm should I?

ST

Nademon

Hey all my fellow HWC folding comrades...be sure and check out my thread in the Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking section of the forums for a chance to get a free tube of Innovation Cooling 7 Carat Diamond TIM. Here's the link for the giveaway thread: Free innovation cooling 7 carat diamond tim giveaway!

Hope to get as many of you as possible on board as I'd love to be able to use your expertise in building and adding to an already solid data set. This compound would probably be ideal for folders especially as it provides excellent thermal conductivity, and more importantly, superb long-term stability with no degredation in performance under constant thermal load.

Look forward to seeing your names on my list! :biggrin: I love giving away free stuff!!!

Alwaysrun

Very nice offer Nademon, I signed up and sent off a pm. I just reapplied TIM and reseated my HS twice to get it just right but WTH I'll do it again with this diamond stuff. I'm intreaged about how they demonstrated proper compression spreading. All well and good with a flat HS base but I'm sceptical the results would be as uniformed with popular direct touch heatpipe designs and their many grooves to detour the even spread of the TIM while under compression. We'll see. :biggrin:

chrisk

Folding Captain
Very cool nademon to be doing this for HWC members...even cooler that you promoted our folding team in your giveaway thread.

I am looking forward to seeing the results they guys on here get, especially the 24/7 folders! That will certainly punish that diamond TIM, especially over the long term.

Nademon

Very nice offer Nademon, I signed up and sent off a pm. I just reapplied TIM and reseated my HS twice to get it just right but WTH I'll do it again with this diamond stuff. I'm intreaged about how they demonstrated proper compression spreading. All well and good with a flat HS base but I'm sceptical the results would be as uniformed with popular direct touch heatpipe designs and their many grooves to detour the even spread of the TIM while under compression. We'll see. :biggrin:

Very astute of you Alwaysrun! I thought the exact same thing when I was going to apply it to my OCZ Vendetta 2. I took one look at the heatpipes and the variations in the mating surface and the same thing occurred to me. I found that if I pre-applied some paste with my finger to the cooler, filling in the valleys/voids in between the heatpipes, then did the standard bead in the center of CPU application method, I got a good spread. I guess the goal is to prep the cooler to try and eliminate any air voids from forming. But, can't wait for you to give it a shot and let me know how it worked out for ya!

zlojack

Nademon, my PPD is catching up to yours :biggrin:

These 285s are doing a nice job!

I'm getting a bit addicted to this folding thing now :sad:

I was absolutely sure I wasn't going to step up to the EVGA Classified, but the extra PCIE slot would allow me to run another card for PhysX+tri-SLI+moar PPD

This is insane!

Latest posts