What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

BrainEater

I believe they are the same length as the 260s, which are... hold on... ~10.5".

Ah ok , same as my 8800GTX.....cool......my case is fitted for the 8800GTX size.

I have thought about the proper order of upgrades.

First thing : new psu for my main rig. 1000 watt single rail...

:thumb:

Next : the 280/285 and hopefully an ATI 3850 too.....

----------

Go Team go !

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Single Client? Then you should leave the CPU slider at max.

Worst case, remove and re-install the Systray Client. Also, did you un-install the GPU drivers when you swapped cards?

Babrbarossa

No- I figured that since they were both 200 series I could get away with just overwriting drivers. Will it not work if I did that?

Will reinstall now..

3.0charlie

Ah ok , same as my 8800GTX.....cool......my case is fitted for the 8800GTX size.

I have thought about the proper order of upgrades.

First thing : new psu for my main rig. 1000 watt single rail...

Next : the 280/285 and hopefully an ATI 3850 too.....

----------

Go Team go !

errrr.. why do you need 1kW? What do you have in mind...

As for the PSU itself, OW at JG doesn't think it's that great:

3.0charlie

No- I figured that since they were both 200 series I could get away with just overwriting drivers. Will it not work if I did that?

Will reinstall now..
I never take the chance, so I have no way to know if swapping card works... ake sure to use DriverCleaner in Safe Mode.

BrainEater

errrr.. why do you need 1kW? What do you have in mind...

As for the PSU itself, OW at JG doesn't think it's that great:

I am looking into the 1kw psu's from several diff companies actually.

Switching powersupplies work best between 40 and 60 % load.The PFC , cooling , fan cycles etc are all best at this range.........So if I wanna run 2 high end folding cards/cpu etc , for my rig , 1 kW is more in line.....

3.0charlie

A 850W can run dual 280s and an oc'ed Quad no problem... but if a 1kW is really what you want, I would take a look at either the Corsair HX1000W, or the Antec Quattro 1kW.

Also, there's a 3850 AGP on Fleabay for 100$US, brand new...

chrisk

Folding Captain
If you want a 1KW PSU go for the Corsair 1000HX or the one I just got, the Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W (also a 950W and 850W available). The Enermax has up to 90% efficiency between 200W and 1000W (but is expensive, $300). The Corsair is a better value, and is almost as good (not as efficient).

LCB001

I'm seeing the pausing in the display too. the performance indicator spikes and quickly drops to 0 - the time and graphics change along with it. And it's taking forever to to a unit.
It is highly recommended that you Do NOT use the display/viewer that comes with the systray client as it is known to slow down the client and/or cause system instability. If you haven't already I would increase the priority from 'Lowest Possible' to 'Slightly Higher' under the advanced tab to make sure the client gets enough CPU cycles...

Latest posts