What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

LCB001

While I've been busy benching our new SSD drive, together with my little boy....both my rigs gave me a hard time and therefor I had to take a break. Now that everything is pretty much back in order(still waiting for RMA) I should have both rigs up folding shortly....anybody have an idea on the new nVidia drivers?
Glad to hear you'll be back at it soon, hope your not benching the young lad that hard...

4DoorGTZ

Since work is slow and I'm bored at home I'm gonna start another F@H build, picked up the pictured Mobo off ebay for $75 couple days ago.... will get a cheap phenom x4 couple gigs of ram..... couple 650w powersupplies, then maybe fill all those PCI-E slots with some bricks.....
19c2_1.JPG

LCB001

Since work is slow and I'm bored at home I'm gonna start another F@H build, picked up the pictured Mobo off ebay for $75 couple days ago.... will get a cheap phenom x4 couple gigs of ram..... couple 650w powersupplies, then maybe fill all those PCI-E slots with some bricks.....
19c2_1.JPG
A lot of people use those MSI's for Folding Rigs, any idea what kind off bricks you're going to put in it?. Just make sure all the cards have the same number of SP's so you don't get the 'Shader Bug', Looking good...:thumb:

4DoorGTZ

Looking to run 8 gpu instances.... but not liking the current prices of those bricks on ebay, found a supplier in Indonesia with new gx2's, the fastest ones (stock clock) but they're a wholesaler and minimum order is 12 :( They're price is better then ebay, and its new stock, but doubt I'll be building 3 of these rigs :) maybe a bunch of gx2 owners will jump ship to the 295 and sell cheap on ebay?

LCB001

Looking to run 8 gpu instances.... but not liking the current prices of those bricks on ebay, found a supplier in Indonesia with new gx2's, the fastest ones (stock clock) but they're a wholesaler and minimum order is 12 :( They're price is better then ebay, and its new stock, but doubt I'll be building 3 of these rigs :) maybe a bunch of gx2 owners will jump ship to the 295 and sell cheap on ebay?
If you can get them cheap enough, sell the extra's to other Folders :biggrin:. What OS would you run with that, I know Vista won't work. That going to be one heck of a Folding Machine, it will certainly rocket you up the Team charts...

Prof. Dr. Silver

Hot enough?

This is a pic of the new F@H rig with the latest 181.20 drivers, it's running 2 instances of the GPU clients, but ehm....is this gonna be cool? (no pun intended!) I was going to OC the card a bit, but now I'm having second thoughts.....Did anyone here ever take an 9800 GX2 apart? :sad:

14664966f9ec97643.jpg

LCB001

This is a pic of the new F@H rig with the latest 181.20 drivers, it's running 2 instances of the GPU clients, but ehm....is this gonna be cool? (no pun intended!) I was going to OC the card a bit, but now I'm having second thoughts.....Did anyone here ever take an 9800 GX2 apart? :sad:

14664966f9ec97643.jpg
I know the GX2's runs hot but wow that is hot. If it didn't run that hot before you might want to try rolling back to a previous driver like the 178.24...

chrisk

Folding Captain
Thinking of a step-up to the 295 from my 260 Core 216...backordered on Evga right now and I have almost a month

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
For some reason I can't actually "use" my PC's with the GPU client running anymore. The ATI client isn't too bad, then again it's paired with a Q6600 at 3.0, but the Nvidia client (on a lowly stock E6300)... I can't even use Excel with that running let alone do PCB layout, which means I keep pausing it, and forgeting to re-enable it...

Update the Core of the nvidia client - it should not use that much the CPU. Stop the process, delete the fahcore_11 then restart the .exe. It will download the newest Core.

Ahh that's better, wonder why it didn't update on it's own...

LCB001

Thinking of a step-up to the 295 from my 260 Core 216...backordered on Evga right now and I have almost a month
With all the upgrading going on around here its going to get tough to stay in the top group. Competition is all good though...:thumb:

Latest posts