What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

zlojack

Great...I'll do that now!

I'm going to pop the 9800 GT into the backup rig and see how it is! Time for a PPD boost!

zlojack

Sorry, one more question: Can the second client still be run as a service, or is that not an option?

zlojack

I've always run it as a service before. You've got to enter passwords and stuff.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
You are quite correct - it should work then, as long as the machine id is different, including from your GPU clients.

Alwaysrun

Well atleast there is one bright spot, I don't suppose there is any ppd increase with the new drivers??. Not that it really matters as I'm still using the old 178.24's...:haha:

One quick thing you might try if you haven't already is deleting the Fah_core as well as the other three, sometimes it gets corrupted.

As usual it's probably something simple that we are all missing, I hate when that happens..

No such luck LCB the ppd is still the same with the new drivers.

Yes I deleted the core and it redownloaded every time, that wasn't the issue.

No I'm afraid it isn't something simple. I read over at Folding Forum • View topic - 2nd GPU giving me nothig but Guarded Run errors

You just can't fold with a 260 and 9800GT/8800GT period. Drivers won't mesh whatsoever. There hasn't been one confirmed report the 2 cards fold together in 7 months and all people are saying is "They're working on it" Bah!

I'll start from scratch again tomorrow and if it dosn't work well I'll just get the hammer out and start swing'n. :censored:

And you know what's going to get the 1st swing..Yep thats right this POS Compaq 14" steaming CRT poo! Skrew the hammer I'll drop an engine block on it and video that shit for youtube. I'm dead serious! I've been dicking with this GD POS MF'n BS trailer park trash, otta be kicked outta the NHL setup all F'n day!!! Some hardwares taking a last walk for this I swear!!!:censored::angry2::censored:

I'm off to have a long bath and a valium.

LCB001

That sucks, I thought you might get the Shader Bug but didn't think they were incompatible, I guess you just have to get another 260...

chrisk

Folding Captain
Woah...not compatible? I was not aware this was possible. I almost went out and got a 9800GT tonight to get my main rig going until my 285 showed up...

How about a 285 and a 9800GT? 285 and a 260?...

B_A_Hines

You have to keep your cards in the same series to work do you not?
8, 9, 200 series together.......just have to find out where I read that.
Will search onward.....

chrisk

Folding Captain
Not sure if this is old news (the folding forum was not available to this Roger's customer for a while) but Pande said on Feb 24th that there is a hardware stress test they are planning to release:
We've got work going on behind the scenes on this, but there isn't too much to say yet. Part of the work involves the development of a stress testing app that can help debug this sort of thing and we hope to release that soon.

Is something interesting for debugging these issues or did Pande promise this ages ago?