What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Nademon

I've been reading varying opinions on this, but is 96-98C too hot for a 9800gx2? Could that be causing EUE's every other WU? Seems to be very hard to get the temps to go any lower, depending on the WU being worked on. My ambients are pretty decent, case has good air flow, no obstructions. I just cleaned and installed the latest 182.08 drivers, but still gettin the EUE's.

what am i doing wrong??

Nademon

so you think that's causing it to crap out with the EUE's? I mean the fan's going 100%, and there's plenty of fresh air gettin in. I'll have to try and figure it out, but would you attribute the EUE"s to those temps?

zlojack

so you think that's causing it to crap out with the EUE's? I mean the fan's going 100%, and there's plenty of fresh air gettin in. I'll have to try and figure it out, but would you attribute the EUE"s to those temps?
Unfortunately my knowledge of what affects that stuff is limited.

But I would have to think very high temps would affect performance in some way, perhaps causing errors.

I'm sure LCB will be better able to help you determine the cause.

Nademon

so LCB...what's your take on it? Think that's causin' my issues? I always figured that since the GX2 is 65nm, it could do those temps without too much concern. Would 96-98C be causing EUE's? I want to keep adding to our teams points and get us up there, especially since I saw Team FTL come outta nowhere and they're only 1.5 months back from us at present. Gaining over half mil a day! Yikes!

chrisk

Folding Captain
My 9600GSO gets EUEs every time my temps get to 79-80c.Not the same chip but shows taht temps do have an affect. Those temps you showed me look really high to me, but EUEs can be caused by several things in my experience.

Are you able to get a side fan blowing on the card? Take the side panel off? Try getting the card cooler somehow, even if its not a permanent solution (ie. turn off heat in room, etc) to see if the lower temps result in the EUEs going away.

4DoorGTZ

I got a single gx2 running right now setup in a tech station, basicaly open air. With a couple fans drawing the hot air up and away. Its OC'd to 1600shaders core/mem downclocked 100mhz and it folds at 69-75c. When I had 2 working once side by side they got up to 79.

4DoorGTZ

I dont wanna jinx it but I have a package to pick up at the post office tomorrow after 1pm. :)

And I did jinx it, watercooling fittings from performance-pcs and some psu cord adapters. At least my Dual Xeon mobo is in the "final testing stages" at Asus RMA....

Nademon

wow...my temps seem to be waaaay off. I need to figure a way around this temp issue and see if that is the culprit. thanks for the input guys!

Soultribunal

Staff member
I'd say take it out and hit it with some compressed air in case dust has built up around it.
That, or if you are feeling very handy, you could re-apply all the thermal paste they put on it.
I solved an old one with putting a Vantec Dual Fan under an older 8800 and that helped direct the airflow literally right on the card.

My thoughts at least,

ST