What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

chrisk

Folding Captain
Melted? Holy crap you have some heat issues ;P

Thanks 3.0 for mentioning the advmethods flag...never used it before. Now I got me a 420

Soultribunal

Staff member
Melted as in they Failed, the let out the magic blue smoke.
And proceeded to burn.
Worst. Design. Ever.

Actually, I have never had Heat issues in this case.
Which, is a good thing really.

ST

chrisk

Folding Captain
Thanks ST...I have one and if that happens I'll know not to get another!

Haha I remember when you first started to get this folding bug...seems so long ago since I did (lol...it was November....)

LCB001

Haha I remember when you first started to get this folding bug...seems so long ago since I did (lol...it was November....)
You've come a long way since then...

Soultribunal

Staff member
I'm getting there slowly, my GPU is the Fail part of my plans, but hey its doing something right?
I've had my eyes for This Apollo, on the 4670 from HIS. TD has it for 119, its tempting. 3000ppd is better than the paltry 900 this thing outputs.

One step at a time.

ST

Soultribunal

Staff member

You know, I was a skeptic on the vantec one (I think, i've tried all slot coolers).
And it really has showed me it can work, although it has a flaw too. The LED's dim fast on those cards but if you don't care about that, then your set.

I use Thermaltake A2426 Cyclo PCI Slot Fan (Blue LED) in Canada at TigerDirect.ca , to collect all the dust and cat hair on the bottom of my case because I can pull it apart in two minutes to clean.
Its a really oddball way to keep the rest of the system clean lol!

ST

Nademon

@Soultribunal- i'd be more than happy to buy that slot cooler off ya if you're willin to part with it. Feel free to shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

UPDATE:

So, I decided enough was enough and put my head down, took a deeeeep breath, did a prayer and ripped apart my mint BFG 9800GX2. Kind of a PIA card to dismantle, but I got it done. removed the OEM TIM, blasted everything with high psi compressed air (there was hardly any dust at all though). I then applied some IC7 Diamond TIM, painstakingly put everything back together and plugged it back in. Turned on the computer and voila! Booted up fine.

So I started up the 2 GPU clients and let the GPU's roast. So what if any difference after almost 2 hours folding?

Before:
96-98C

Now:
83-84C :canadianwave:

I mean holy crap man! What a huge difference. Now just gotta wait and see how the EUE situation pans out.

FYI guys and gals...keep your eyes open for an opportunity to possibly get some free IC7 Diamond paste. Be on the lookout for a thread (by me) in the next week or so for those that are interested in doing some testing.

Thanks for all the input folks...it's much appreciated. i may need some more help should I keep getting those damn EUE's.

D

zlojack

Nice work Nademon!

You're catching up to me! I need to start pushing more PPD! :biggrin:

LCB001

@Soultribunal- i'd be more than happy to buy that slot cooler off ya if you're willin to part with it. Feel free to shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

UPDATE:

So, I decided enough was enough and put my head down, took a deeeeep breath, did a prayer and ripped apart my mint BFG 9800GX2. Kind of a PIA card to dismantle, but I got it done. removed the OEM TIM, blasted everything with high psi compressed air (there was hardly any dust at all though). I then applied some IC7 Diamond TIM, painstakingly put everything back together and plugged it back in. Turned on the computer and voila! Booted up fine.

So I started up the 2 GPU clients and let the GPU's roast. So what if any difference after almost 2 hours folding?

Before:
96-98C

Now:
83-84C :canadianwave:

I mean holy crap man! What a huge difference. Now just gotta wait and see how the EUE situation pans out.

FYI guys and gals...keep your eyes open for an opportunity to possibly get some free IC7 Diamond paste. Be on the lookout for a thread (by me) in the next week or so for those that are interested in doing some testing.

Thanks for all the input folks...it's much appreciated. i may need some more help should I keep getting those damn EUE's.

D
Well done, hopefully that does the trick. Keep us updated...:thumb:

Nademon

Thanks zlojack. don't think i'll be able to catch up to you considering you'll have 3 of those 285's pumping!

Latest posts