What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

H

HaDeS

Technically , I have 7 more AGP rigs.....

:haha:

At the moment , I'm only looking to bring 2 more of these online.....1 more boxen and one of my borgs.

--------

Gotta wait for a 1Kw PSU before I get a 285......

---------

Go team go , we've got top 100 in our sights !

:thumb:

You eye ballin my PSU fatass?

BrainEater

Yep......

Guard it with your life.

:haha:

-------------

I just got AGP1 fully installed and operational.

It is currently folding @ 1050 ppd on a 511 point WU.

Now it's certainly not a massive increase on the grand scheme of things , but on a cost/performance increase per rig basis , it's great ! ...... A tenfold increase for 300$...In comparison , it would cost me just shy of a grand to get a 2.5 fold increase on my main rig.

I forsee a couple more of these cards in my future.

BrainEater

I thought so too ! :biggrin:

If it wasn't for ATI giving this last gasp to agp machines they would be garbage (that's basically what mine are (were))

If it can fold , it can do computation of any kind.Think about it , AGP rigs are basically free.New PSU + new 3850 = not so useless of a rig.

LCB001

For those that like to keep track of the stats, this was just posted;
Folding@home: Change to stats updates to greatly increase update speed

In order to speed the stats updates, we've suspended the updates for the project WU counts. This does not affect WU counts or points, just the stats pages which tells donors how many WUs they have contributed to each project.

We have polled donors in the past regarding this issue, and there was overwhelming support for this change, especially if it could significantly increase stats updates speeds. After doing some in house tests, we expect that this will greatly enhance stats updates speeds, so we have rolled this out.

Even if this is the main culprit for the slow stats updates, we may put this back in time, once we work out a better scheme for how to update this information and/or get hardware better suited for it. The main issue here is that this is a lot of information, with data going back many, many years, and it has become unwieldy.

For now, this should lead to a pretty dramatic difference in stats update times. It looks like we can now get it done in about 20 minutes, rather than the ~2 hours it was taking previously, for 3 hours worth of stats accumulated.

If this looks good, we will likely switch stats updates to occur more frequently in the future, starting with every 2 hours.

M

member 3099

Sounds good to me, I couldn't care less about that project listing crap anyways.

Nademon

anyone know if it's possible to fold with a 8800gt and a 9800gt in the same machine?

Latest posts