What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

LCB001

holy crap, got the console client going on last night, man on man its freakin way faster then the graphic :shok:

The console can almost do 1 percent every 50 secs!:thumb:

I ram the shader to 1705mhz average PPD is 5700-5900 compare to stock 3500 range:shok:

So yea, someone on our forums is selling dual 8800gts 512mb for some good prices. How much more PPD would i get if i switch from G92 to those :whistle:
(the good thing is that both my G92 have life time warranty, should i just make them scream at high shader clock ?)
I would make sure your OC is fully stable before tweaking it much higher, some WU's are harder on the cards then others.

Since you have such a nice OC on those cards I don't think switching to the 8800gts 512's would gain you that much PPD wise, of course if they are cheap enough you could always build another Folding box...:whistle:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Confirmed, I have a dead 260 216 - won't hold any load. But I will be installing a second 216 192, which came back from RMA tonight.

Then both 216s will be replaced by 275s - confirmed also tonight by evga. Can't wait to shove both cards back into their boxes...

LCB001

Confirmed, I have a dead 260 216 - won't hold any load. But I will be installing a second 216 192, which came back from RMA tonight.

Then both 216s will be replaced by 275s - confirmed also tonight by evga. Can't wait to shove both cards back into their boxes...
With visions of hammers dancing in you head...:haha:

BrainEater

@ BrainEater; Saw your post on the F@H forums, nice work. They still have points coming in, guess it will take a bit of work to get all those bogus user accounts shut down...

Thx. Somebody had to do something.....There are posts on the forums of basically every major folding team about this , but after the initial zeroing on feb 25 , everybody appears to have forgotten about it , and there was no announcement from pandegroup , so I decided to ask for clarification.

It is my understanding they are just 'zeroing' the points.All the bots will keep folding , but no points....Probably take a while for them to hit bottom , I'm sure they get new users everyday.

They are off the threat list finally.Good riddance to bad garbage.

:thumb:

---------

How old is that 260 Charlie ?
What do you think killed it ? heat ? oc ?
(I'm just curious)...

---

3.0charlie

Bought them both mid-february. No oc, both were left at stock speeds since day 1 - stock cooling too. Temps were fine - 65C/71C under load. But one would not hold any load anymore, and crap out - nvidia driver BSOD.... actually it was a PSOD: the Pink Screen Of Death.

3.0charlie

They are gone! Woot! Goodbye, and good riddance! Damn I'm happy.

Sorry for the ppd loss guys, but those 2 cards were a pain in the you know where. I don't call this babysitting anymore...

chrisk

Folding Captain
I can see why this would not be much fun if the hardware is crap. Hopefully the 275s will be kinder...

LCB001

They are gone! Woot! Goodbye, and good riddance! Damn I'm happy.

Sorry for the ppd loss guys, but those 2 cards were a pain in the you know where. I don't call this babysitting anymore...
After all the trouble you've had with those cards I'm not surprised you're happy. As for the ppd loss, you'll make it up with the new cards and can start catching up...:ph34r:

Run dual SMP clients on the i7. I hit ~ 3500 ppd.

Saw this in the New Folders thread, is that with the 2653 (1760pt) or 2665 (1920pt) WU's. If it's with 2653's I thought an i7 would be getting better PPD than that, my Q9550 @3.49 gets ~3200ppd and the Q9450 @3.26 gets ~3000+ ppd depending which WU the gpu's are Folding. With the 2665 they each get about 800 less ppd...

3.0charlie

2665s. With the 2653s, it hits ~4500 ppd. I'm tempted to try the VMware on the i7, just for the heck of it.

Latest posts