What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

LCB001

This is it chris I haven't had any issues since, and since I overclocked to 3.4GHz I have increased my PPD to 2200 approx.
Just in case it happens again, this is what FaHWiki says for that error: Corestatus 63(99).
With the SMP for Windows client, a CoreStatus = 63 can either be a permissions problem or a MPI registration problem, or both. To fix the problem, set the properties of the fah.exe file to "Run as Administrator" and then run the "install.bat" file again to register MPI and the SMPD service.
Failure to install .NET 2.0 (Win 2K, XP) prior to installing the SMP client can also result in this error.
Glad it's working for you, those quads scale nicely with an OC. If you are lucky enough to get the 2653 (1760pt) WU it will do over 3100ppd...

Jon_di2

@4doors...how many GX2's will you be running total? I was wondering how long my ride would last at top PPD! I knew it wouldn't be too long, but I welcome the battle! I'm almost looking forward to being passed in PPD...gives me a challenge!

Once I get my GTX 260's running constantly my PPD should rise to 7000+ per GPU (28,000), if I start up the SMP client on my cpu's then I think I would be close to being above your PPD....

Anyone know if I would get more PPD running SMP on all 4 cores of my Q9450, and running 2 GTX 260's... or will I have to allocate one core of the cpu for each GPU.... so I can only the SMP on 2 cores?

LCB001

Once I get my GTX 260's running constantly my PPD should rise to 7000+ per GPU (28,000), if I start up the SMP client on my cpu's then I think I would be close to being above your PPD....

Anyone know if I would get more PPD running SMP on all 4 cores of my Q9450, and running 2 GTX 260's... or will I have to allocate one core of the cpu for each GPU.... so I can only the SMP on 2 cores?
All four cores unless you run them in VM's. Windose SMP on a Q9450 @3.2Ghz is good for ~2200ppd on a 2665 (1920pt) WU and ~3100ppd on a 2653 (1760pt) WU.

If you are running Vista the GPU's only use ~2or3 % CPU. On my multi-gpu rig I set the SMP cpu usage at 98% just to make sure, if you set the SMP client to idle priority during config and the gpu's to low they should be fine...:thumb:

zlojack

I'm hoping I can get this fourth GPU issue figured out. :sad:

I'm looking at about 6000-7000 for the CPU then 6-7000 for each GPU on my main rig, so that's about 30k

Then the backup is doing about 4-5000 ppd, so that should put me in the 35k range. Then if I end up getting a GTX 275 as well, we could be talking 40k :biggrin:

Nademon

ok...some of you are gonna be kickin by butt in PPD pretty soon. I'm gonna have to devise a plan to stave off the takeover! I was trying to be nice...but noooo....you guys had to push me didn't you? Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll be racking my brain trying to come up with something.

LCB001

ok...some of you are gonna be kickin by butt in PPD pretty soon. I'm gonna have to devise a plan to stave off the takeover! I was trying to be nice...but noooo....you guys had to push me didn't you? Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll be racking my brain trying to come up with something.
I know the feeling, 3.0charlie is trying to reclaim the top spot overall from me and has been on a upgrade spree. If you want to keep your top ppd spot I would think you are going to need somewhere around ~45,000 ppd as that's close to what 3.0 is going to be getting soon...

zlojack

Something weird is happening. :sad: 0 points on my last 3 updates while being here at work!

LCB001

Something weird is happening. :sad: 0 points on my last 3 updates while being here at work!
That's not good, with the number of clients you have going one of them should have finished a WU in time for an update...:shok:

Nademon

I know the feeling, 3.0charlie is trying to reclaim the top spot overall from me and has been on a upgrade spree. If you want to keep your top ppd spot I would think you are going to need somewhere around ~45,000 ppd as that's close to what 3.0 is going to be getting soon...

45K PPD :shok: That's gonna take some doing. I literally don't have any more slots available for more cards! Hmmm...should be an interesting challenge. And the great thing is that the folding wars are only going to result in HWC Team 54196 getting higher up in the rankings and most of all, Stanford will be getting more research material gathered.

Win win for all!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
:ph34r:

:biggrin:

Jack, I'm having issues with VMware too on my main, and they needed a reset. Caught 6 bad WUs in a row - and one 260 crapped out at 96% too. Not a good folding day... :censored:

Latest posts