What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

somecanadianguy

I'm in a basement here... room varies from 20c - 26c depending on the day.
I dropped my i7 OC down a little to fold (still a decent OC, but a lot less voltage) and should be good to go all summer.
If I had the $$$ I'd add another 275.
Still waiting to see what the power bill is going to be like before I know how much I'll be able to do, but I'll get some done every day for sure.

I've noticed the drop in active processors since I started a few weeks ago (from around 600 to just over 500).
Hot computers and hot summers suck enough on their own, but put em together and :censored:
Our team is still holding at #70 though so we can't be doing too bad.

Maybe a little contest could help boost activity???

Last edited:

JMCD

I think all teams are tacking a hit (maybe not that Australian team as it's winter there :p) but otherwise the heat does have an impact. Nothing wrong with a contest though :)

somecanadianguy

I just noticed the Tech Trivia contest...
And there's also the NCIX Shopping Spree contest...
Let's hope a folding contest is next.
I never win contests, but I bet it'd get some more processors folding for the cause (and for the team) even in the hot weather.

:canadianwave:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
It will take some more time to reach 100M... my ppd is down to Zero as of now.

If I can find a Supermicro X8DAi, then I'm good to go!

JMCD

Nothing but 511's today, ew. I woke up to find that 3 of my fans on a rad had shut down for some reason, GPU temps were way up there. I have no idea why the fans stopped, I also forgot to open the window so it was toasty.

Latest posts