What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

MarkOne

Banned
waiiiit a minute what are you up to now!? :D

what I'm up to... very simple : I don't like the way I was limiting my other activity because I was loosing 25 PPD ... So I redo my PC for my own usage first. And will build my 2 * I7- 920 as dedicated Folding Unit, with 2 gtx-260 GPU they can easy throw 40-44 PPD each , I think it's still good to support the cause, and have fun with other member in the top of the chart.

Don't you think than those quick and withdraw sell try i the B/S section an my stop and Go folding had something to do with the stress of not using my PC for my other usage. I think so..
So I take a long walk the other day , think what is my expectation facing folding and this forum, and now I apply the decision I have taken. I have a family too :ph34r:

_dangtx_

Banned
youre going to build two i7 rigs just for folding? quite the dedication :) any way you could get cheaper ppd? while keeping hydro in check?

MarkOne

Banned
youre going to build ....

correction : I'm building just need memory and water block to get ready to give the top gun here a hell of hard time :haha: you don't win a race with the car of your wife
( but between you and me it will take more time, no $$$ for the memory and wife will not like I take money from the bank account for that :ph34r: ... really as in really not like it :whistle: )

_dangtx_

Banned
hahha...ok. try to build something that yo ucan use as well, even tough youll get a ppd hit. dedicated folders are expensive :)

MarkOne

Banned
hahha...ok. try to build something that yo ucan use as well, even tough youll get a ppd hit. dedicated folders are expensive :)

:angry2: good it's you :whistle: I just in few post back said that I'm build dedicated folder especially to avoid to use my other PC :doh: do you lissen when we talk :bleh:

and don't worry for Hydro, they will heat the garage and I will shutdown in summer

_dangtx_

Banned
no, i dont listen :D

is you build two rigs, why not a dual socket board? maybe it comes out cheaper? the evga one for 1366 chips maybe?

lowfat

Staff member
is you build two rigs, why not a dual socket board? maybe it comes out cheaper? the evga one for 1366 chips maybe?[/B]

Not even close.
I'll be surprised if the eVGA is under $700. Plus the cheapest Xeon that is usable is $420 each. And it is only 2.26GHz.

MarkOne

Banned
no, i dont listen :D

is you build two rigs, why not a dual socket board? maybe it comes out cheaper? the evga one for 1366 chips maybe?

This 2 sockets will cost the price of 2 builds if not more, you can't use my 920 on them . and aside , it DAM hard to sell a beast like that especially locally. 2 builds is the way to go for me, something need RMA you still have one running. All true quite a pride to have such a PPD monster , we talk about 24 cores with the new CPU. but that's an other reason to choose 2 builds , even if you would be able to put 2 cheaps 920. the bidadv support only 8 cores, it will not give more bonus than 2 separate one.

don't know if 3.0C have HT xeon on is dual socket, but he can answer better than me on what I said

_dangtx_

Banned
k, was thinking about cheaper duallies that can take regular chips but thats probably as far fetched as ati doing better at folding i nthe short term :)

MarkOne

Banned
my big problem is that I should have start with only one. I over estimate the cost, I make the mistake to thing that I can fire both of them at the same time. so now I'm stock with 2 builds not working. And don't even suggest to sell one to finish the other one. it can wait a little bit.

Latest posts