What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
First off.. lol@ S478 cooler on the 470.. i'm picturing something pretty frankenstien to mount that.. and thats wicked PPD. 16,000PPD is stock a stock 480, that's pretty awesome.
Now I want to go home and clock the snot out of my 480sc and see what numbers I can get.. heheh - better not.

Inik

Folding Team
I'm back! I set up my gt240 yesterday. I still need to push that 460 a bit more..currently at 850/1700/2000

I get around 32k ppd with A3. I will start bigdav next week after my CA exam..because I'm on vacation and after that I'm working full-time !

Untitled-1.jpg

stoanee

Folding Team
I'm back! I set up my gt240 yesterday. I still need to push that 460 a bit more..currently at 850/1700/2000

I get around 32k ppd with A3. I will start bigdav next week after my CA exam..because I'm on vacation and after that I'm working full-time !

Untitled-1.jpg

Nice output! I sure like the consistency of the gpu folders, if you lose a wu you only lose hours or minutes compared to days for the smp client.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Nice output! I sure like the consistency of the gpu folders, if you loose a wu you only loose hours or minutes compared to days for the smp client.

You also lose those huge spikes in PPD that come from bigadv WUs. SMP2 isn't all that bad though for most WUs... the "regular" ones are around 6 hours for a hexacore, and around 9 hrs for a C2D quad.

stoanee

Folding Team
You also lose those huge spikes in PPD that come from bigadv WUs. SMP2 isn't all that bad though for most WUs... the "regular" ones are around 6 hours for a hexacore, and around 9 hrs for a C2D quad.

I am not home to monitor my rig but it looks like I am taking about 2 days/wu. I will have to set up the remote monitoring thingy some day....:blarg:

sswilson

Staff member
I am not home to monitor my rig but it looks like I am taking about 2 days/wu. I will have to set up the remote monitoring thingy some day....:blarg:

What hardware are you running for that? 2 days sounds like a long time for SMP2.

With my Q6600 OC'd to around 3.7G, the longest WUs I see are around 18 hrs for the crappy 6701 WUs, and that's with a GPU client running as well.

Then again.... my folding PCs are dedicated rigs that probably don't see 1/2 hr worth of non-folding duties per day.

stoanee

Folding Team
What hardware are you running for that? 2 days sounds like a long time for SMP2.

With my Q6600 OC'd to around 3.7G, the longest WUs I see are around 18 hrs for the crappy 6701 WUs, and that's with a GPU client running as well.

Then again.... my folding PCs are dedicated rigs that probably don't see 1/2 hr worth of non-folding duties per day.

I7 @ 4.0, I am folding big wu.

sswilson

Staff member
Ok, that's different.... you're on bigadv rather than smp2. I can't fold bigadv, but from what I've seen 2 days looks like the norm. (Judging by the spikes in daily output).

sswilson

Staff member
I believe HFM will allow external access through its HTML page generation function. I don't use it for true external access, but I've been using the HTML page function for internal network remote monitoring and it works great. The trick would be to figure out how to make the html files folder accessable from an external source.