What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Chilly

Power failure today, wasn't home to restart, lost 4 hours of work, luckily the bigadv didn't drop.

Chilly

Not finished tweaking, and still need to upgrade the ram to a proper setup, but... here it is!

capturegm.png

20100920023241792burlin.jpg

EVGA Classified SR-2
Dual Intel Xeon X5650 @ 4.1GHz
CPU0 = 2x4GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1496 MHz (8GB)
CPU1 = 1x1GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1496 MHz (2GB)
Total = 10GB

The rest is the same as in my sig :thumb:

Messed up ram set up, I know, but it brought me from 60,000ppd to 100,000ppd from my previous single channel set up of 1x4GB stick on each CPU. F@H seems to LOVE memory bandwidth.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
wow, thas a lot of dust man. it seems your box is running about 60k PPD again (from the folding client summary thing in your stats page) but that's a terrible 2684.
I was contemplating doing the same exact thing.. but purchase price$/PPD its better to build a few 920 boxes. Coolness factor goes to the dual box of course. :)

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... that motherboard tray looks strangely familiar...... ;)

Looking forward to seeing these points push us closer to the next position, and further away from the folks who've been nipping at our butt..... ;)

With that in mind, I've got a new toy myself..... Don't have all of the kit ATM (still waiting on RMA) for the full PC, but for now, we'll see how well a 400 series card works in a X4 slot and if a GPU3 client will play nice with a GPU2 client running...... or maybe I'll slap it into the main rig instead which at least has the benefit of a full X16 slot and perhaps the PPD for the hexacore won't be affected quite as much as the Q6600 when it comes to an extra GPU client running along side the SMP2.

Now... gotta do some research.... seems to me there might have been an issue getting 200 series cards to play nice on the same motherboard as 400 series cards.......

sswilson

Staff member
Hot damn!!!!!! This is actually better PPD than I was getting with my 275.... still on the first WU, but it sure as hell is looking promising!!!!! ;)

334c97a21aa5671.jpg

Temps are well within spec (sub 60c @ 100% fan), but this is also without the background SMP2 running, so that would probably have some affect on PPD.​

_dangtx_

Banned
holy crop the temps are good for stock cooling+folding!

and chilly, man, thats a nut case right there lol. happy folding man!

now, if more ppl were to use the likes of killawatt, would make me happy :D

Chilly

wow, thas a lot of dust man. it seems your box is running about 60k PPD again (from the folding client summary thing in your stats page) but that's a terrible 2684.
I was contemplating doing the same exact thing.. but purchase price$/PPD its better to build a few 920 boxes. Coolness factor goes to the dual box of course. :)

I have my HFM+ stats page show the "effective" PPD, the 2684 was actually running at a much lower TPF( around 19:37 for a PPD of 70.5k) but because I lost 4 hours of folding time(due to the power failure) my "effective" PPD is/was much lower(the 60k PPD as seen on my stats page).

While I don't have a Kill-A-Watt, from what I am seeing, users with a similar set up and overclock as me are pulling around 400-500watts folding at full load.

As for now, I seem to be getting some SMP units, seems to be a shortage of bigadv units.

ilya

Hot damn!!!!!! This is actually better PPD than I was getting with my 275.... still on the first WU, but it sure as hell is looking promising!!!!! ;)
Temps are well within spec (sub 60c @ 100% fan), but this is also without the background SMP2 running, so that would probably have some affect on PPD.​

I was liking the PPD a lot at first too, but then I noticed the GPU3 client alone puts my Q6600 at 20% usage. I'm guessing newer high end procs should take a noticeable hit as well.

Latest posts