What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

10e

This would be on Linux. My quad (Skankbox48) can only get 170K PPD on Windows with 48 1.9Ghz cores, but on Ubuntu/Gentoo goes up to 305+K depending on the BigAdv. TPF runs between 7:18 and 7:35. 2685 seems to be the slowest.

I think this is either Opteron 6172 or 6174 chips that 4DoorGTZ is using.

Baba on Folding Forum is also using Linux with ES/"Black Edition" chips that he's overclocking the crap out of. This would be my only other choice instead of BullDozer, BUT the power utilization on a server like this is going to start getting up there. He posts on AMDZone.com so I'll check there.

4x16 Bulldozer has been rumoured to hit 800K PPD, but that is with some not-confirmed benchmarks.

This bodes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If even 80% of that performance shows up it will be terrifying even with two of those server monster chips. More cheating for the Chimp Challenge next year LOL.

lowfat

Staff member
This would be on Linux. My quad (Skankbox48) can only get 170K PPD on Windows with 48 1.9Ghz cores, but on Ubuntu/Gentoo goes up to 305+K depending on the BigAdv. TPF runs between 7:18 and 7:35. 2685 seems to be the slowest.

I think this is either Opteron 6172 or 6174 chips that 4DoorGTZ is using.

Baba on Folding Forum is also using Linux with ES/"Black Edition" chips that he's overclocking the crap out of. This would be my only other choice instead of BullDozer, BUT the power utilization on a server like this is going to start getting up there. He posts on AMDZone.com so I'll check there.

4x16 Bulldozer has been rumoured to hit 800K PPD, but that is with some not-confirmed benchmarks.

This bodes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If even 80% of that performance shows up it will be terrifying even with two of those server monster chips. More cheating for the Chimp Challenge next year LOL.

My 250k w/ my two SR-2's seems pretty damn pathetic now :sad:

_dangtx_

Banned
800k ppd?

a while ago,like last year or before? 100k ppd from a single box was uber mega duper lol!

i guess a mil points per box is not that far,especially with dozer clocking,if any,or more
powerfull chips

BrainEater

Let's go team ! cc's over , back to production !!

:haha:

ps......whos making the jaded monkey sigs , cmon guys we only have 11 or so months with it.....

:thumb:

4DoorGTZ

Ah Linux, how I loathe thee.
Didnt specify ext3 file system on install so when that WU was finished it hung.... plus realized The Kraken wasnt running/installed properly. Unsure if the langouste was working since it hung using the ext4 file system.
So another install is in the works, glad I'm not messing up my HCF folding stats/completion% during testing :)

Quad 6176 48x2.3 110.4Ghz

sswilson

Staff member
I'm wondering when/if we're going to see the JM prominently displayed on the main page.... (or at least beside the NCIX logo for the thread/area icon).... ;)

I suspect I'll be dropping at least one folding rig (i3, so no biggie WRT SMP PPD) and one 450 (about 10K PPD) over the summer.... hopefully the BD release will have some surprises for us.......