What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

lowfat

Staff member
Not sure SMP will be worth it since you are only doing a few hours a day and its results have to do w/ bonuses. I can see it being under 1000ppd. A GTX460 should do around 10-12k depending on clocks and WU' IIRC.

frontier204

I'm a bit out of the loop, what kind of PPD could I expect on a Q6600 and a GTX 460? The PC will probably be on ~8 hours a day average. Is the SMP worth it if since I can't do bigadv.

A GTX 460 can very easily make deadlines on 8 hours running per day (I tried it with a 550Ti).
Thank MARSTG for a pile of recent GTX 460 benchmarks:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...10-hwc-folding-home-project-ppd-database.html
IIRC GPUs aren't affected by the same bonus system as SMP so you can pretty much divide 24 hours PPD by three to get your 8 hour estimate.

As for SMP, I'd only risk it if I was running on Linux. On Windows, it would be better for the project for you to run four separate uniprocessor clients, accept large units, with advmethods. Each core should net you 175-350PPD (yeah, those WUs vary a lot), so you get net 1000 PPD and you won't run into a situation where you miss preferred deadlines.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Really? Indeed... and no idea since when actually. I know the Team grew by a few heavy folders, and if the SR2s / 4p rigs fold 6903s and 6904s, that can swing our ppd by quite a large amount.
I know my 4p has been folding those WUs, 7 out of the last 8.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Wow. Without looking, I can guess that 10e and/or DT have taken some systems offline.

That usually means some kind of crazy upgrade is in the works!

lowfat

Staff member
Wow. Without looking, I can guess that 10e and/or DT have taken some systems offline.

That usually means some kind of crazy upgrade is in the works!

Between the two of them they are doing nearly 1,000,000 PPD.

I might add that we are barely 100,000ppd away from breaking in to the top ten in terms of PPD.

PerryC

Well, we are down my points for the next day or two.....stupid flipping Dell systems and their proprietary connections :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2: