What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
I should be back by the end of the month, seems I'm barely saving anything on the power bill by not folding.

Oooops, forgot I concluded folding in July for my original team (to give them one last nudge)

Arrgh and I had the oneunit flag too :censored:

Ahh the warmth of folding.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
What was the other decent VM software that was good for folding? I think it was Virtualbox IIRC. Anyone know how many cores/threads it supports? Thinking about moving my home server over to a dual AMD 6128 rig. But I absolutely need Windows for my storage pool software.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
That 'effing 130.237.232.237 is still pissin' me off. Can't send results, queue is loaded but no WU downloaded... dammit.

Zink

That 'effing 130.237.232.237 is still pissin' me off. Can't send results, queue is loaded but no WU downloaded... dammit.
Sounds like problem with langouste. Langouste works when you set up the smp client with a proxy server that doesn't work for sending units. The client writes five times in the log that it is trying to send the WU on two different ports to that server IP you are having problems with. Then it stops trying and starts working on the next WU. Langouste then uploads the result file to the server without the client knowing and deletes the results file. You should see this in your log once the client realizes langouste has taken the unit:
Code:
[14:04:40] - Error: Could not get length of results file work/wuresults_07.dat
[14:04:40] - Error: Could not read unit 07 file. Removing from queue.

Check client.cfg in the client directory to see if the proxy is set up and make sure Langouste is running.
Ubuntu Desktop Installation Guide for F@H - [H]ard|Forum

3.0charlie

I had a Langouste failure, and had to uninstall it. Since then, the app has been iffy. Time to re-install I guess.

edit: re-install is complete, still it gets stuck to 'Loaded queue successfully'. Same server...
edit2: 10 minutes, and counting...
edit3: 2 hours later, still the same...

Last edited:

4DoorGTZ

I dont currently have this problem (crosses fingers, stats seem like I uploaded something 6hrs ago) But thats the kinda behavior I had a couple weeks ago, very frustrating.... Followed by downloading stupid small corrupt WU's that had FILE_IO ERROR's.... Others with 4p's on [H] reported similar things but only after a couple days of realizing the production was down....

I still think its something with the server or the work they are spewing out of that server.

3.0charlie

I'm still stuck with it, it managed to download a core, but no WU yet.

I'm going to bed before I smash this thing to pieces...

Mathus

Oooops, forgot I concluded folding in July for my original team (to give them one last nudge)

Arrgh and I had the oneunit flag too :censored:

Ahh the warmth of folding.

Hey Dr.Bendover! It's good to see a face I remember from the Mysterbyte forums :) I also came here since they are pretty lax on the folding the last while.

Latest posts