What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

sswilson

Staff member
Didn't have a problem with any of the drivers I ran on the sabertooth 990FX motherboard, but ran into it immediately on the X58 I just switched over to. Maybe SLI is done differently between traditional SLI boards, and AMDs newest chipset(s).

edit: It should also be noted that my experience with multi-gpu setups has mostly been without the benefit of SLI as they've been on pre-990fx AMD chipsets.

On the same note... I tried running the V7 beta with smp-8 and two GPU clients..... starved the GPU clients completely (at least a 40% drop in PPD) while not providing a big difference in PPD from SMP-6 on a 920 proc.

WhippWhapp

SLI was fine when I was running dual 480's, I have to turn it off now that I'm running triple- gpu usage never goes above 40% with it on, and really spikey.

On a related note, I'm a top 20 producer!

BrainEater

Welcome to the top 20 , and good work !

-----

Let's go team !!

We are down right now , but I know why.Hehe , farm maintenance.I've brought down everything but my main rig for cleaning etc. pre- CC....

I for one *should* be bringing 70 k of borgs online , let alone new stuff here !

:thumb:

sswilson

Staff member
Quick Q for the MP folders out there.....

Is there any chance that individual uniproc WUs (easy to run several using the new frontend) will put out significantly more PPD than SMP does?

The V7 doesn't like odd number cores selected so I set SMP -6 so that I didn't starve the GPUs for cycles, but then I decided to add uniproc to the mix as well and it looks like the PPD for that is going to be the same as my -6 SMP.... does that make any sense? If so, should I be trying to run 7 uniprocs rather than 1 smp + 1 Uniproc + 1GPU?

I'm going to set my smp to "finish" so that I can give it a try later this evening, but I'm curious as to the experiences of other non - bigadv folders out there.....

BrainEater

The answer is no.

Uniproc clients don't get any bonuses and they don't add up besides that..I checked this out with my q9450.

4 threads of uniproc = 800 each or so for 3200ppd total.
Same cores/clocks SMP= 5500 ppd.

------

Nice work Dandelioneater !

yer gonna pass me , I cannot hold you off.I'm werking my ass off to get stuff back online by CC....got a 35 k borg online today , but.....It's not enough.

:thumb:

sswilson

Staff member
I didn't give it a try yet, but I suspect there might have been a chance since you last tried it.... the new V7 front end is showing that it will have a bonus applied to the base points. Now... it's currently showing a fairly low PPD (1200) but without knowing for sure whether or not it's getting full real core action or if it's working mainly off of an HT core it's hard to say.... I'll probably give it a shot prior to the CC just to make sure. :)

stoanee

Folding Team
I didn't give it a try yet, but I suspect there might have been a chance since you last tried it.... the new V7 front end is showing that it will have a bonus applied to the base points. Now... it's currently showing a fairly low PPD (1200) but without knowing for sure whether or not it's getting full real core action or if it's working mainly off of an HT core it's hard to say.... I'll probably give it a shot prior to the CC just to make sure. :)

Interesting question, keep us updated.

sswilson

Staff member
While we're on the subject... is the a4 core the norm for SMP these days or is my installation fubarred?

I'm getting a4 core WUs (8012 / 8013) on both the SMP and uniproc clients under the V7 frontend... is that what other folks are seeing?

Latest posts