What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Inik

Folding Team
true that! I just have to reset my OC..with the hot temps, I got 2 BSOD. I also need to set-up a VM for more PPD.. where should I look for a guide?

Inik

Folding Team
Thanks! Just set it up :) When I want to shut down the client, I just close the VM or there is a command ?

chrisk

Folding Captain
There was a shutdown -h command when we used linuxrouters VM setup before. I never used it and had no issues on linuxrouters linux image though.

Inik

Folding Team
Good :) Installed the VM + HFM. I just fixed my oc right now..prime testing for now and I'll fold overnight.

MARSTG

I am downloading the VM right now, I too want to try this. My OC is rock solid at 3 GHz. I followed the guide and I got a 8101 unit. Will update with the PPD estimation. I set the VB process in task manager to low to do some other stuff in the mean time in Windows.
I don't think my system can cut the mustard for the 8101, it already took more than 10 mins to process and is not done yet at 1%. Should I remove the -bigadv flag and stay with -smp? and how do I stop the client to reconfigure to smp alone? I stop the VM completely?

my machine is not cutting the mustard : 1 hour passed and not even 1%. at this rate I will not be finish the WU in time. Will try SMP.

for me it doesn't work, it assigns me only 8101 WUs that I cannot finish in time. Is there any otherway for me to get just SMP units under Linux? no -bigadv? is it worthy to go VM with that Linux Fah image or just stay into Win7?

Last edited:

LCB001

I am downloading the VM right now, I too want to try this. My OC is rock solid at 3 GHz. I followed the guide and I got a 8101 unit. Will update with the PPD estimation. I set the VB process in task manager to low to do some other stuff in the mean time in Windows.
I don't think my system can cut the mustard for the 8101, it already took more than 10 mins to process and is not done yet at 1%. Should I remove the -bigadv flag and stay with -smp? and how do I stop the client to reconfigure to smp alone? I stop the VM completely?

my machine is not cutting the mustard : 1 hour passed and not even 1%. at this rate I will not be finish the WU in time. Will try SMP.

for me it doesn't work, it assigns me only 8101 WUs that I cannot finish in time. Is there any otherway for me to get just SMP units under Linux? no -bigadv? is it worthy to go VM with that Linux Fah image or just stay into Win7?
Haven't done much Folding lately but if I remember correctly you would need an OC ~3.4GHz+ to do the 8101s which those chips should do easy. Having The Kraken installed help alot...