What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

lowfat

Staff member
First day of folding w/ the Classified GTX780. Currently trying out 1306/3500. My goal is to break 200k w/ a single card. :canadianwave:

Shadowmeph

I am wondering how much stress will 2 sli 560ti cards have folding it is getting close to start folding again and will bring out m,y old 2p opteron 6128 and either drop one or both my 560tis onto it to fold then do both 2p and video card folding but I don't want to burn the cards out

great_big_abyss

Are you using the cards for anything else?

Honestly, I haven't experienced any problems with card longevity when it comes to folding.

That being said, I have never kept a card for more than a year...so....ya know.

Anyway, I think you'll be fine folding with them.

Tim_H

nope, even the 1x ports can work fine for folding. some of the newer cards might need more than the 1x ports can handle but I know that the slightly older hardware saw little to no difference with the PCIE speed

Shadowmeph

hmm I wonder if it isworth pulling out my 2p folder , I already have the 560ti cards on my i5 2500k I am using right now and just running it the way it is. but I am not sure of the noise, and heat it is in my room tha tI sleep in lol. also using windows fah or booting it into a linux distro at night . which is when I would be folding because i am using the pc during most the day

Latest posts