What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's Talk About Insurance.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
When it comes to life insurance I can't get it even if I tried lol with how bad my health is they all just laugh at how high the monthly would be so we don't have any.

That being said thinking about talking to our bank which is td for quite a bit of it cause we have banked with them for many moons now
yeah...similar situation for my wife n I. I have some issues that are life threatening (diabetes, cholesterol, overweight) while my wife has a multitude of issues that aren't life threatening (MS, arhtritic osteoperosis, psoratic arthritis, IBS and several others that I forget the names of but cause nothing but misery) but as they progress will ruin her quality of life, remove her iindependence but not kill her. I was like $150/m for $200K and she was $100/m for $110K I think. that was with our company benefits discount if we went through them.

FreeKnight

My will explicitly calls out that I expect my brother and best friend to try and make me appear alive for no less than two days in their best effort to have a 'Weekend at Bernie's' adventure.....

gingerbee

well sorry to hear that friendly and the Weekend at Bernie's thing is a great idea I told my ex-wife when I go I wanted to be stuffed and put in the corner of our bedroom with 2 thumbs in the air :ROFLMAO: but did think that was kinda mean for her to live with banana:cool:

edit ya I was self-employed 90% of my life so the only coverage I could get was stupid high monthly

moocow

When i'm dead burn me, have a party don't put me in a $10,000 box on a $4,000 piece of land. Rent a whoel pig on a roasting cart or something and buy some beer

Sounds like you should have one of those stripper funerals that's popular in Taiwan.

"Man, Grandpa's going away party was awesome! There's weed, booze, and boobs!"

moocow

Are you using an insurance broker or one of those self service ones? If you're using a broker, it's their job to find the best rate and coverage for you. But I suspect they are on some kind of program with certain underwriting companies. So go to another broker and see if you get a different rate and ask who the underwriting company is. I think the usual suspects are Brown, Johnston Meier, HUB, and some other folks. Also, is this renter's insurance? I don't see any property (premise) listed. Ask about the separate caps / sub limits for electronics, jewelry, ID papers, tools, and identify theft (could be a perk).

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Are you using an insurance broker or one of those self service ones? If you're using a broker, it's their job to find the best rate and coverage for you. But I suspect they are on some kind of program with certain underwriting companies. So go to another broker and see if you get a different rate and ask who the underwriting company is. I think the usual suspects are Brown, Johnston Meier, HUB, and some other folks. Also, is this renter's insurance? I don't see any property (premise) listed. Ask about the separate caps / sub limits for electronics, jewelry, ID papers, tools, and identify theft (could be a perk).
hey moo, I run into a wall with brokers. I work from home but am not self-employed and things get all choked up on 'liability' on the technicality of who's insurance covers what if I were to be sued for selling the wrong thing or something. They ask for some darned detailed information which my employer won't release. it's stupid...

clshades

I do a term life insurance policy for 20 years. Covers either my or my wife up to 500k and both kids for 30k. Very reasonable. Stay away from whole life insurance policies.

moocow

Not a lawyer but if you're employed, as in they determine your work hours and deduct income tax from your paycheck, and gives you a T4 every year then you're an employee. Any work related lawsuit would probably end up at your employer's office as vicarious liability. Something you may want to ask a labor lawyer about. License broker should be able to answer that question so kind of surprised they don't know the answer.